WHAT ALBUMS ARE YOU OVERDOSING ON LATELY??? (4 Viewers)

<<i thought that nebula album was a bit rubbish.>>

ooooh... controversial, andy!! I hope that doesn't stop you going to the gig on 23rd Aug (I think)... they totally rock live and there may be some pyrotechnics.....

right - I'm off to listen to burt bacharach......

Some rather strange stuff there....Some nice packaging from US maple there but cant say its too easy on the ear.

Great news people. Hamell on Trial has been announced for whelans 21st August (tues). well worth a look.

dudley (11 Jul, 2001 01:34 p.m.):
boris - absolutego (the loudest thing i have ever heard, one track over an hour long, from japan)

I wonder how it compares with Masonna/Merzbow/Fushitsusha/etc? Big up the Land of the Rising Noise!

For me:
-Reiko Kudo: Rice Field Silently Riping In The Night
"A perfect prescription for those moments of fragility when you doubt your own pulse"
-Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan: Live in Paris Box Set
-New albums by Boredoms/OOIOO/Rovo

MY 2 CENTS

C'EST CHIC - CHIC
RICHARD D JAMES ALBUM - APHEX TWIN
WE ARE FAMILY - SISTER SLEDGE
ENTER THE DRAGON OST - LALO SCHIFRIN
EXILE ON MAIN ST. THE ROLLING STONES
DURAN DURAN - GREATEST HITS
SAMPLED 1 & 2 - COMPILATION

I HAVE TO WATCH AT LEAST SOME OF BEING JOHN MALKOVICH EVERY DAY ASWELL. WHAT A GEM

rancid:any of their albums
descendents:everything sux
the politics of punk comp
oi polloi:total anarchoi
all fucking gems,cant stop listening
to rancid though,cant wait for leeds!!!

Hmmm...for me I can't get enough of "The Human Atom Bombs" by Randy, from Sweden. Excellent rock. It's like if you put Noam Chomsky in a blender with the Beatles & The Clash... But, eh, perhaps not quite so messy and red...anyway, rock I declare, rock!

Also I'm much enjoying the new Manifesto Jukebox record out on Combat Rock Industry...excellent. They should be here in the autumn, pretty much unmissable.

What else...em, the last FLW LP is getting quite a lot of listenage...also Against All Authority...and an old Tooth & Nail sampler I got for a quid...

joe. (11 Jul, 2001 02:45 p.m.):
<<i thought that nebula album was a bit rubbish.>>

ooooh... controversial, andy!! I hope that doesn't stop you going to the gig on 23rd Aug (I think)... they totally rock live and there may be some pyrotechnics.....

right - I'm off to listen to burt bacharach......

didnt even know they were playing - yeah i probably will go - hardly being snowed under with gigs....
really cant wait for the my name is satan release gig tho! what a great lineup - although it could do with a few more singer songwriters...hoho.

andy

ps - i guess i should go through the motions of talking about making you a tape - ha

Rory.
Tell more of the Reiko Kudo and Rovo please.

Possible Org records action here later in the year...

mugwump (11 Jul, 2001 11:53 a.m.):
modest mouse are alright...apparently they're really big in germany...did you ever have a look at their website...http://www.modestmousemusic.com/.
if you follow 'the band' link they tell the story of how
'the moon and antartica' album came about...it's a mad story & I'm not sure wether they're taking the piss or not.

the one about the guy jumpin thru a window + narrating his life? yeah, sounds like a load of horseshit to me.

been listenin to modest mouse's This is a Long Drive for Someone with Nothing to Think About a lot.
also Pinback, Something About Airplanes by Death Cab for Cutie, Rusty by Rodan, It's Hard to Find a Friend by Pedro The Lion + the 1st Red Stars Theory EP.

but did anyone really wanna know that?

joss (11 Jul, 2001 11:28 p.m.):
Rory.
Tell more of the Reiko Kudo and Rovo please.

I have a couple of Rovo tracks. One is blinking marvellous and one is completely pedestrian. Haven't got the new Boredoms yet but will rectify that at the weekend methinks.

Andy. Something frightening just happened. I am also listening to a lot of Dillenger Escape Plan. Which means we agree on something which means that DEP may well be the sountrack to hell freezing over ;-)

Vin

Keeror (12 Jul, 2001 12:35 a.m.):
http://www.organart.demon.co.uk/orgimenu.htm
This Org?

No. This Org. http://www.geocities.co.jp/Hollywood-Miyuki/1312/lovebeach.html
Isn't that Reiko Kudo LP on Org?
They released one by her before.

• Curtis Mayfield - The Singles Anthology
• Serge Gainsbourg - Volume 1 (all you Francoise Hardy kids back there, I trust you've checked out theSerge, you should do)
• Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
• Sonic Youth - Dirty/Goo
• Beach Boys - Pet Sounds

wow I've just realised I'm on a major retro trip there.....nuthin' new I can think of thats floating my boat these days.

What them White Stripes like????

We're listening to...

Destiny's Child - Survivor
Hotshot - shaggy
Everyday- Dave Matthews Band
Songs about Fucking - Big Black

The shaggy stuff is a little hardcore though...only for when we're really pumping...

Tarentel - From Bone to Satellite
Spacemen 3 - Playing with Fire
Fourtet - Pause
The For Carnation - The For Carnation
Sonna - We sing loud sing soft tonight

I've just recieved my mail oder delivery of TRM new album (where's the vinyl), I'll listen to it this evening.

Anyone out there go see Tarentel in Ireland? They were great here in London, though I don't like their new Clannad style vocals.

Kaz

yeah, that for carnation album is AMAZING, i didn't hear anyone really talking about it when it came out. much darker than promised works but very very sexful and warm. it feels like it's giving you a masage when you're listening to it, if you're lying down at the time with the eyes closed, and no biting. yes, it's highly recommended from the prick camp.

Keeror (12 Jul, 2001 12:35 a.m.):
http://www.organart.demon.co.uk/orgimenu.htm
This Org?

I bet you meant the other Org, the one I can't find a website for. Yes, this we must speak of, but in private.

breach : godbox
i just got dilinger escape plan "calculating infinity"...
tis might good...
and thingy are fuckin deadly cept i only have "to the innocent"....
just dug out my old trumans water records at the weekend...10 x my age just fuckin rocks....
anybody remember forkeye?????
but can anyone help me get some montana pete stuff....
i've only got one track on mp3 and it's too good to be real......
pete : if you wanna feel really old then get murder squad.....reminisce about all those riffs you first heard
when you bought mental funeral so many years ago.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back