WHAT ALBUMS ARE YOU OVERDOSING ON LATELY??? (2 Viewers)

anon

BE HONEST EVEN IF IT'S......MICHEAL BOLTON'S GREATEST HITS......YEAH CORMY......

shuggie otis - inspiration information
plaid - double figure
trm - thirtysixstrings

Still hooked on the new Sparklehorse album, keeps growing on me (like mould on a slice of bread). Going through a bit of a Brian Eno phase too since Final Vinyl have a bunch of his ambient CDS for 8 quid.

That and an 80s compilation called "Souvenir" full of synthy tack.

I can't stop listening to Built to Spill's Perfect from now on....and Thingy. What deadly music they make.
and there is a great album by Rex called 'C' which has been featuring heavily lately...

I thought the Strokes were rather crap in TBMC to be honest (prob the sound system). And what a ponce that casablancas is. NME have done it again...just like overrating '...trail of dead', 'At the drive in' and now the strokes.....

Rednecks album is bloody brilliant, Whiskeytowns 'pneumonia', Stevie wonders 'Innervisions' and sparklehorse......oh and Hamell on Trial.

Christ a 'built to spill' fan-they've a new album out this month...might even find a modest mouse fan...anyone out there....???

will oldhams new ep 'more revery' is well worth a listen. although just a little bit short at 14 mins

ryan adams 'heartbreaker' is really good too

modest mouse are alright...apparently they're really big in germany...did you ever have a look at their website...http://www.modestmousemusic.com/.
if you follow 'the band' link they tell the story of how
'the moon and antartica' album came about...it's a mad story & I'm not sure wether they're taking the piss or not.

http://www.nebulamusic.com/

lately I've been mostly listening to 'southern discomfort' by eyehategod.... some unsane and the jj paradise players club..... oh, and the best of cream....
and now I'm interested in busying that burt bacharach comp... where may I find a copy pete? or does everywhere have it and I just haven't looked hard enough/at all?

"Tiny Waves, mighty sea" by future pilot aka(whelans on the 3rd of august with pram, £10, well worth checking out) has been on the top of the pile for ages now.
and Brainfreeze, DJ Shadow and Cut Chemist mix album

i thought that nebula album was a bit rubbish.
not a patch on the fu manchu stuff i've heard

i've been listening to
warhorse (i bet joe just came),
dillinger excape plan (first album reissue - rapih buzz), goatsnake (be he came again..),
the fucking champs (III/IV),
discordance axis,
squarepusher,
thin lizzy (jailbreak thru to black rose),
sabbath bloody sabbath and paranoid - and loads of other random crap.

andy

i heartily endorse the following

the white stripes - de stijl
boris - absolutego (the loudest thing i have ever heard, one track over an hour long, from japan)
francoise hardy - ma jeunesse fout le camp..

dudley (11 Jul, 2001 01:34 p.m.):

francoise hardy - ma jeunesse fout le camp..

Ah oui, petit Francoise - haven't listened to her in ages, must dig her out. For those of you not familiar with her, kind of a French Sandie Shaw, except way foxier. Sample by Barry Adamson, duetted with Iggy Pop (and Damon Albarn I think).

Ear drums and lobes happily ringing to the din of the following contingent :

John Coltrane - First Meditations
Secret Museum of Mankind - Music of East Africa comp.
Pharaoh Sanders - Izipho Sam
John Fahey - Anthology
Raymond Scott - Manhattan Research 2xCD
Susuma Yokota New 2XLP

joe. (11 Jul, 2001 12:21 p.m.):
and now I'm interested in busying that burt bacharach comp... where may I find a copy pete? or does everywhere have it and I just haven't looked hard enough/at all?

everywhere has it aye.

Except Road.

Also worth seeking out are the covers from the TV special a couple of years ago - Ben Folds Five doing "Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head", someone else whose name escapes me doing "Close To You", Dionne Warwick doing a 3 song medley. Ah yes.

(Did i mention i turn 30 on friday? you'd never guess, would you.... would it help if I said I was listening to Cryptopsy and Goatwhore last night? didn't think so....)

Montana Pete: Devo 7"
Laddio Bolocko: In Real Time, Strange Warmings Of, As If By Remote
Blonde Redhead: Everything
Kate Bush: Everything
Don Caballero: American Don
Bellini: I wish
US Maple: Acre Thrills
Champs: III & IV
The Dudley Corporation: New Album

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back