Weezer - Weezer (1994) (1 Viewer)

It’s a long time since I’ve listened to this, it was one of those ones I played to death as a teenager, and I have fond memories of getting my first computer and watching the video for “Buddy Holly” on the CD-ROM that came with with Windows 95. However, this hasn’t aged particularly well and it’s been that way for a while, I finally saw them live in Vicar Street about 10 years ago and the shine had come off them. The songs are still catchy but I’m done with Weezer again for another decade or two.

And for the record, I never got into Pinkerton but did like the singles from the Green album. Never heard anything after that and I’m always surprised when I hear that they’re still going, have another album, and that people still care.

I have weezer, Pinkerton & the green album, after that they lost me, not that I was a megafan or anything. But since then they just seemed to me to be putting out increasingly poor music.

I kinda feel this album has the same good and bad points as that Big Star #1 album. Everyone into rock music probably has a maximum of maybe 4 albums of straight up pop rock like this they've been playing for 20+ years and will never get bored of but have no interest in, in fact probably have a level of disdain for, some very similar albums.

I love this album and unlike most people only got into it way after it came out and after everyone else was bored with them and that's all thanks to Anthony Mackey banging on about it. Was just listening to it in the car the other day (the best place to listen to it) because I was GOIN SURFIN!

Pinkerton is better though.

Getting to a band later, removed from the hype, really helps sometimes. Through recommendations or whatever, I liked this album fine and played my housemate's copy of it when it came out. But even Pinkerton was out almost a year by the time I bought either of them and got stuck in for myself (through Ian and @thairock).
Hey, I only bought The Specials' first album on Sunday!

Last edited:
I gave it a full spin lastnight while working.

Its nice. I liked some of the quieter stuff better on this run.

I think @Anthony said already that hash pipe is peak singles, I'm inclined to agree after listening to this record.

Hey bra, how we doin' man?
All right.
It's been a while man, life's so rad! This band's my favorite man, don't ya love 'em?
Yeah.
Aw man, you want a beer?
All right.
Aw man, this is the best. I'm so glad we're all back together and stuff. This is great, man.
Yeah.
Hey, did you know about the party after the show?
Yeah.
Aw man, it's gonna be the best, I'm so stoked! Take it easy bra'.

LOVE this record, Pinkerton and the Green album. My interest in has kinda waned since. Would love to have seen the Blackhole demos get the proper studio treatment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back