Weelers zine (1 Viewer)

trev

Since 1999
anyone got a copy of wheelers zine i could have?

maybe you wheeler?

Fucking emo zines. There should be more zines like Stephen Blunt's. I never get why alot of people who write emo zines hardly ever 'act' emo. They don't strike you as people who secretly loathe themselves and usually make every effort to hide that fact, then BOOM! They bring out a zine where they discuss their failed suicide attempts. Killing yourself isn't hard. Jesus Christ, if someone can kill me when they're so pissed they can't even drive properly, surely a straight edger with a sober head can get it together and slice DIAGONALLY and DEEP; not give themselves shallow scratches to be displayed to their mates.

the strange guy said:
Fucking emo zines. There should be more zines like Stephen Blunt's. I never get why alot of people who write emo zines hardly ever 'act' emo. They don't strike you as people who secretly loathe themselves and usually make every effort to hide that fact, then BOOM! They bring out a zine where they discuss their failed suicide attempts. Killing yourself isn't hard. Jesus Christ, if someone can kill me when they're so pissed they can't even drive properly, surely a straight edger with a sober head can get it together and slice DIAGONALLY and DEEP; not give themselves shallow scratches to be displayed to their mates.
To be fair, "Boris Beloney" IS the greatest zine of the past 5 years.

I wouldn't mind emo zines so much if people could actually, you know, write creatively or interestingly, or had some sort of a sense of humour. I guess it all depends on wether you've realised that you're not actually ever going to be Aaron Cometbus.

Further to the DIAGONALLY and DEEPLY suggestion, I would add "In a bath full of hot water". If you really feel you have to do the stupidest thing you possibly can, at least do it properly.

When I go into a gig I don't want to part with my Father's hard earned cash to read about how things didn't work out with someone's girlfriend.
If I wanted to hear a sob story I'd mask myself up, hammer down a stranger and then leg it off. I'll calmly stroll back and look aghast at what will surely be a bloody, broken sight. Then I'll bring them in for a cup of tea and ask if they want to talk about it, all the while stifling my laughter.

fuck you guys, emo zines rule. Okay i admit some of them can be a bit up in the air but why does no-one ever complain about shitty music zines, why instead wont someone come on here an start a thread about that pile of shit riot77, or those countless enlgish lager lad punk zines that shite on about 'birds' and 'shirt lifters' as HAGL zine does. I think my zine is a pretty decent representation of what im all about, so myabe both urself oly and jamie should actually go and put out another copy of both of ur long defunct zines and stop giving out about what others are doin.

*tsk* Typical. Mention emo zines and you'll get an emo response. You don't have to write zines in order to put them down. That's like saying you can't think a girl's ugly until you grow a pair of tits.

stephen is doing another borris belony and he says its even stranger than the last one.....oh dear.
has everyone more or less got a copy of the first one....sold a few at the distro thing...anybody else want one?

spuded said:
so myabe both urself oly and jamie should actually go and put out another copy of both of ur long defunct zines and stop giving out about what others are doin.
There's one on the way from me next month called "Like Being Killed", and i assure you,it's very very different from the zines I've done in the past.There's nothing "emo" about it though. They'll be given out as I see fit to people who I think might like it, then the remainder will be available from Holy Virility in the deeply unlikely event that anyone else should want a copy (IE if I don't give you one or I run out of them too fast, or get bored of carrying them around with me).I don't really think highly enough of myself to dump stories about the mundane everyday things I get up to onto "the scene" any more, and to be honest the world would be a better place if more people realised that just cos you can do a zine, doesn't mean you should. Again, DIY is a great idea, but what's the fucking point in doing it yourself if what your doing is going to be almost identical to what five million other people are doing?Why not wait till you think you can do something a bit more interesting?I mean how many zinesters do you know who are all "Oh the first x amount of issues i did were shit"..if it's shit why put it out?If everyone spoke in the same voice you'd get tired of listening to them, no?
This applies to bands too obviously...

Part of the reason I haven't done one in a long time is because I realised, unlike a lot of people, that my life isn't really that interesting to anyone but me and my friends, and I didn't want to inflict more uninterestingly written Cometbus wannabe muck on the world.That and I don't write very well, as any columns I've written for UFC and Jake's Wrath over the past while have been adequate proof of.I think I'm getting better at it though, so I intend to do a few smaller things this year.

Oly doing Helium Bong again? Dunno boss.He's finished puberty now.And his team of scriptwriters are too busy thinking of slags for people on here 24 hours a day to write a zine for him.

Ed I don't know if you ever saw "Hoyden" when that was around, but that was the only decent Irish "emo" zine I've ever read (though some of the"lucidity" deffo has been cool).Dara's zines have been cool so far, but I reckon the stuff he'll be coming out with in a year or two will be amazing.

Hoyden! Jaysus haven't read that in a while. Was it Etain that did that? Haven't seen her for years...

Finished puberty? I hope not. I got asked for ID last month and I still can't grow a full beard. What little I can squeeze out comes out red. You wouldn't seriously call me a grown man, would you? Still, it might come in handy for fooling hot 17 year old girls.

Helium Bong is for spastics. Real punks read Profane Existence and The Guardian.

the strange guy said:
Hoyden! Jaysus haven't read that in a while. Was it Etain that did that? Haven't seen her for years...

Finished puberty? I hope not. I got asked for ID last month and I still can't grow a full beard. What little I can squeeze out comes out red. You wouldn't seriously call me a grown man, would you? Still, it might come in handy for fooling hot 17 year old girls.

Helium Bong is for spastics. Real punks read Profane Existence and The Guardian.
yep it was Tain's..she works with Una at the moment bizarrely enough.

actually Ed got asked for ID last night, as did Damo.
Which probably explains why he's so emo.

mc moley said:
stephen is doing another borris belony and he says its even stranger than the last one.....oh dear.
has everyone more or less got a copy of the first one....sold a few at the distro thing...anybody else want one?
i haven't got one, but i want one, see what all the fuss is about.

needtokill said:
realise that you're not actually ever going to be Aaron Cometbus.

that's not such a bad thing, if you ever hope to be in a decent band. got that astrid oto 7" on sunday and to be fair it's fairly shite. AC wrote the lyrics and they're fairly shite as well. vocals are also very annoying. not much of an all-rounder you could say....

mc moley said:

Me

nooly said:
that's not such a bad thing, if you ever hope to be in a decent band.

thats a pretty rediculous statement, while the Astrid Oto stuff isn`t great, the same can hardly be said of Crimpshrine, Sweet Baby, the Retard Beaters, Pinhead Gunpowder or even Cleveland Bound Death Sentence

Problematic said:
thats a pretty rediculous statement, while the Astrid Oto stuff isn`t great, the same can hardly be said of Crimpshrine, Sweet Baby, the Retard Beaters, Pinhead Gunpowder or even Cleveland Bound Death Sentence

But Pinhead Gunpowder are shite.

anyone who has weeler's zine give me a copy, id quite like to see my stuff in it

mc moley said:
I don't got one, haven't even seen it, so I defo want one.

Got those 10 Bite The Hands for you, can I give you 10 for Bushy too? When'll you next be in town or where can Ileave 'em for you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back