"... we never managed to set up a self-sufficient Irish indie network..." (4 Viewers)

@mood for mallards

i always was thinking about the elvis costello conotations to your username, i only just got the 'weather for ducks' side of it.

Starting an argument with someone on their own blog is pretty pointless really. They hold all the cards.

thats true. i was just reading the wiki about 'argument' - i should memorise this:

In logic, an argument is a set of one or more meaningful declarative sentences (or "propositions") known as the premises along with another meaningful declarative sentence (or "proposition") known as the conclusion. A deductive argument asserts that the truth of the conclusion is a logical consequence of the premises; an inductive argument asserts that the truth of the conclusion is supported by the premises. Deductive arguments are valid or invalid, and sound or not sound. An argument is valid if and only if the truth of the conclusion is a logical consequence of the premises and (consequently) its corresponding conditional is a necessary truth. A sound argument is a valid argument with true premises.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Jim Carroll said:
if you have a pop at me, don’t be surprised if I have a (much better written) pop at you
Jim, I'm posting this here because I keep getting errors when trying to post a comment on your blog.

Saying "much better written" here really makes you look bad. , Also you're inclined to be defensive when anyone criticises you or your work, which makes you look bad too. I understand your feelings might be hurt, but nobody's right all the time

Does Hugh Linehan?

If he doesnt, he will be basically reading a forum if he follows these guidelines

Faster publication of comments
More content open to comment
More humour & irreverence
A comment rating system
No comment rating system
Be more like the Guardian
BE MORE LIKE THE GUARDIAN!
Watch out for those kids in the garage
More data
Limit length of comments
user registration and self-moderation by users
Sub-editors please!
Clickable links
Photo/video blogs
New voices
Provide platform for bloggers
Start a sports blog

http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/mec...debating-and-interactivity-on-irishtimes-com/

reply number 32

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back