"... we never managed to set up a self-sufficient Irish indie network..." (1 Viewer)

Although daytime radio is still full of crap it's definitely getting better, usually there's good stuff in the evening/at night. Donal Dineen always has some top tracks from local bands, Cathal Funge and Dan Hegarty do a good bit too, Jim Carroll has three or so Irish bands on his Phantom playlists, along with regional stations who usually have one decent fan of Irish bands in the ranks. You also have stations like Ceol Eire, Cian Ó Cíobháin's An Taobh Tuathail and Power FM. And of course the 2XM brigade like Sweet Oblivion et al are all good for dropping a good mix of Irish/International. Dude on Twitter just said he heard Paddy Kelleher on i105-107 recently as well which is...bizarre.

Gerry Ryan played Moutpiece around noon on a Friday this year, that would never have happened ten years ago.

Well the fact that the powers that be are handing out more radio station licenses these days has more to do with local band radio play than any sudden up shoot in fine Irish bands existing self sufficiently.

What is the point of this thread ? 5 pages in I'm still lost.

Are bands not growing enough vegetables or something ?

One more point I looked up this Jim Carroll fella and he's a journo used to be an A&R rep and a press officer for various record labels. My question is now simply where are his credentials to say "We" never managed to set up anything?

"We"? who the fuck is "we" ?

as far as I can see he is as much "them" as anyone could possibly be.

None.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back