We need to talk about AdBlock (2 Viewers)

I know you're not allowed encourage clicking of links and stuff but do the ads only work when they are clicked or are they effective simply by being there when a page is loaded?

I know you're not allowed encourage clicking of links and stuff but do the ads only work when they are clicked or are they effective simply by being there when a page is loaded?

it depends

google adsense are almost always per-click, but it's peanuts. I might get a €70 or €80 cheque out of them every three or four months. i think the last one was in may

the agency ads are CPM, so i get a couple of euro for every thousand ads displayed

We should run a benefit show and sort that shit out a bit

We should run a benefit show and sort that shit out a bit
It's a nice idea but it's not sustainable. The ads should be enough to pay for the content which should be bringing in ads which pay for the content... you get the idea.

I get the idea..but no harm trying to relieve the pressure a bit during the leaner times.Can't last forever.

Keep The Faith!

Theres gonna be a corporate backlash!

Sunday is my 10th anniversary on thumped, I'm sure you could use the occasion to drum up some fresh interest in the site, get a few more clicks and page views, load up my profile page with a few more ads. Don't do anything special for me though, please. A ticket to Roger Waters would be more than enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back