We are Knives+Tremors+Amygdala+Sean Og 4tet Fri 13th Jan, Dublin (1 Viewer)

i'm really looking forward to this. i don't know what i'll do if amygdala surpass UBS in my mind though... getting to check out paul roe is enough for me. 7euros? i'll give you 10 and buy you a pint. how about that?

i did an exam today
i have to finish a big essay tomorrow and the next day and then i'm freeee
for two weeks
so i'm excited
and i'm going to go now and then drive down to "dublin" and play "a gig"
so byebye

oh shit said:
so that was ok

thought it was a great lineup.

what was the fisrt act called?

it was interesting seeing tremors after them. thought it was a great mix of acts, they really complimented eachother.

and we are knives fucking rocked!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: .|..| :mad: :heart: .|..|

das nugs said:
thought it was a great lineup.

what was the fisrt act called?

it was interesting seeing tremors after them. thought it was a great mix of acts, they really complimented eachother.

and we are knives fucking rocked!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: .|..| :mad: :heart: .|..|

That was good clean fun alright. Great crowd. I didnt realise northren folk could fingertap at such eccessive speed! Highlights were We are knives and amygdala...Another feather in the villagers hat

A great line-up indeed. At a great venue. It was like listening to music at home. The sound man is excellent.

We Are Knives were as wonderful as ever. And Amygdala had their moments. (It wasn't as bad as you think, guys!)

Sean Og's 4tet were wonderful. That was some of the nicest jazz I have ever heard. The double bass and cello sound so just together.

Tremors we're the act of the night for me. Absolutely beautiful stuff. I never thought I would ever say that. It was like a noisy Windy and Carl. Lovely.

Respect to the organisers. I couldn't believe how many were there.

Really really liked the sean óg quartet, I think it is my first time hearing composed music within a free jazz mentality. Really nice moods and melodies anyway.

Tremors set was pretty cool. Reminded me of my bloody valentine in a way but they are doing their own thing.

Fucking packed too last night.

oh shit said:
so that was ok

ok???!!!!!!! you rocked!!

totally amazing gig
deadly line up
New-found respect for sean og (nice to have a break from improv, eh?)
New entry into top 5 current irish bands is we are knives. come back soon!

if only all gigs of 2006 would measure up to this . . .

Yeah brilliant gig.

The Lacey/Og/etc stuff was great. Was expecting to hate it but really really enjoyed it. Mostly because parts of it reminded me of the only jazz album I own that I actually listen to on a regular basis (Ask The Ages - Sonny Sharrock).

We Are Knives were unbelievably rockin'. What a good band ...

mmmhmmm,best gig i've been to in a good while.enjoyed amygdala,some amazing parts,seeing em look frustrated and just kind of saying 'fuck it' at the end was not so good though.tremors brought the rock

This was a brilliant gig. The Sean Og Quartet was great, with their Coltrane-isms (both John and Alice) in full flight. Tremors were as good as I've ever seen 'em, the highlight of the evening; at points, the noise they were making was downright beautiful. And We Are Knives were better this time than the one time I'd seen them before; that is to say, very, very good.

Amygdala, well, although I enjoyed their set well enough, they seemed to be lacking a certain something. It got a bit poppy and slightly cheesy at points. Not bad, mind you, just slightly underwhelming.

But kudos to Deserted Village for organising it; definitely the best night out I've had so far this year.

Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back