Warlords of Pez appreciation thread (1 Viewer)

clonan attack

Website
www.myspace.com
Just wanted to point out while many people think WOP are over-rated or a one trick pony there is so much more to them than their songs.

Their Sunday mass at Electric Picnic was hilarious, they really don't do things by half. Nevermind the set, they had missilettes for everyone who arrived on time (just like in real mass), Padre Pio came out and made a personal appearance, alter girls handed out Bucky and eucharist, and the one krusty cunt who refused to sit down was duly squashed into submission by a band member. Everyones costumes were top notch, a black lad hanging out of one, a tipsy horse, and George "i'll sleep when i'm dead"s shark head along with the alter and flags at the side and parish announcements at the end.

Compare this to an another good Irish band at the Picnic fight like apes, who i admit i only saw the end of, but this must've been their biggest gig so far and the lead bird was hungover as fuck, unable to sing properly and the sound was fucking shit. (probably not their fault)

Irish highlight of festival vs. irish lowlight. Not meant to offend Apes fans, i think their singles are killer too, would've been nice to see them pull them off live though.

I'm pretty sure yar wan from FLA was sick - i was there for most of the gig and her voice was pretty wrecked with a cold. Apart from that I thought they were pretty cool.

amazing that a band can actually be total shit and completely fantastic at the same time. pulling part of "informer" out of the bag alone was worth a fair chunk of the ticket price. did the chap who didn't kneel down get smacked by the way?

Oh, and as for Fight Like Apes:saw a bit of these - bad sound or not, they were dreadful.

From today's Irish Times:

Reviews

Irish Times writers take a look at the world of arts
Electric Picnic (Sunday) Stradbally Estate, Co Laois
Even the rain, when it comes, is quite polite towards Electric Picnic. A gentle mist that cools the grounds and plays with the light, or short downpours that feel like a cleansing relief (have you seen the queues for the showers?), the weather decides to spare Stradbally.
That should put a spring in every reveller's step, but the festival organisers know that on the last day of a lost weekend energy levels run low.
So why not begin with an energising Sunday tradition: Mass.
There are a few subtle, but distinct, differences between the liturgy as we know it and the celebration on the Crawdaddy Stage.
For a start the tent has not been properly consecrated. For everything else, it is said by a giant fly, a goat, and assorted members of Warlords of Pez, who are almost endearing in their fervent commitment to sacrilege. Like their communion wine - Buckfast - the Warlords are an acquired taste that is difficult to acquire.
Still, they get things off to a ribald start, even though they are clearly going to hell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back