wanted.super 8 camera (1 Viewer)

whathappen?

does anyone have a super 8 and some film for sale.and all the equipment to go with it.the sound stuff doesnt bother me yet i really just need the camera.
thanks

check here...
www.super8ireland.com
the guy that runs it is really nice. look for a camera that does at least 24/25 frames per second.
and just a note on film. kodak have discontinued its kodachrome k40 stock so unless you can find old rolls of this in attics etc, film stock can be really expensive to get and to develope.
you see with the kodachrome k40 you got free processing.
hope this helps.

no worries. and i just noticed that kodak are no longer honouring the free processing on kodakrome k40. balls. still though. super 8 rules.
if you do get a camera its always a good idea to try pick up a cheapo projector at the same time. g'luck.

hey what about this one? Is that a good one? It will be my first camera so I will be just playing really taking shots of my friends out n about... This one seems to have the frame speed you mentioned.

was gonna suggest that place in georges st arcade that sells old coins and old russian cameras but realised that hes long gone from that stand.

that site is pretty sweet g stereo.
tried super 8 out a few years ago and it rocks.

for a 1st camera is a budget of 300-400 ok or will i need more? i will upgrade as soon as i get the hang of it.:) I saw that super 8 guy before he had a stall in the market in Galway. he had some fab . the one in the link looks kinda big but i suppose a smaller one would men a slower frame per cecond speed???

I'm really saddened by the fact that Kodak don't honer their proccessing obligations any longer.
Nothing on earth looks like super 8
True, my equipment sits their unused taking up space, which is at any indie kids disposal by the way, end of an era...

(and yes I am responsible for at least one of those No Disco super 8 videos)

what kinda supra eight you got ian??

im trying to get hold of a decent braun nizo.

i'm not an expert on this stuff but i have owned/used a bunch of different models and this is what i've found for what it's worth.

the braun nizos are probably the highest-end super 8 cameras and have a great reputation. i've had two, the first I was unlucky with and the moter crapped out after i'd shot a reel or two. the second is in great nick and gives a really nice crisp image but seems to need a lot more light than the light meter indicates. this took a few reels to get used to but you're going to be up against that with pretty much any camera you get. but I only really use this when i have a lot of light. what's unique about the nizos is the variable frame rates (some of them go up to 54 frames per second) and the fact that you can do time-lapse stuff on them, and they have great lenses. you see a lot of them on ebay from sellers in germany but they are definitley on the pricey side.

if you don't want to spend so much or want a backup camera I'd recommend the canon 514 xl:

http://cgi.ebay.ie/CANON-514XL-SUPER-8-CAMERA_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQitemZ110023882180

they're real easy to use and have a good light meter (i.e. generally you can trust what the light meter tells you and you will get decent results even in low-light).

another thing: get a 514 xl rather than a 514 xl-s which was the sound-enabled version of the same camera. reason: the sound enabled versions are a lot bulkier and you can no longer get film which you can record sound onto anyway. i've bought a few of these now all for less than $100 US.

apart from that irish super 8 site who seem to have the last remaining box of wonka bars (i mean kodak super 8 film) in the country.

will there still be super 8 film available to buy or is no one producing them anymore?

yeah theres all sorts of film stock still available.
ektachrome is the replacement for kodachrome but processing isnt included in the price...

SHUT UP AND TELL ME WHERE THE TICKET IS!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back