Wanted - Fuzz or Distortion Pedal (1 Viewer)

chutneyfarmer

Hey folks,

I'm looking to pick up a decent distortion, of fuzz pedal. Preferably a Fuzz though. I'll consider anything so if you've anything you want to offload, let me know.

Or if anyone knows a place to pick up a nice resonably priced fuzz without getting stung for poxy customs or shipping, please let me know.

Thanks

EDIT:

Aaaaaaalso, if anyone has an epiphone SG they want to sell, let me know. Gonna pick one up next month otherwise.

Hi,

I have a Blackstar HT Dual tube distortion which i'm gonna sell.Pretty spectacular pedal as you can see from the reviews.You are welcome to try it out.

It's this pedal here:

http://www.thomann.de/ie/blackstar_ht_dual.htm

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Effects/product/Blackstar/HT-Dual/10/1

Let me know if you are interested.
Cheers.

Cool! Sounds interesting. Just wondering what sort of gain it'll give? The reviews seem to paint it as a kind of overdrive that crosses into distortion territory. Would that be true? Also, what sort of price would you be looking for?

I've a US big muff that I never really use if that's of any interest.

Thanks man, but I forgot to mention, I already have a Big Muff Pi and a Boss FZ-2 so won't be needing either of these. Thanks for the offer though!

It's 200 on Thomann & X-music.
How about 120?

There is a demo on Youtube by some French guy.It will give you a good indication of it's parameters.I think it's the first video that comes up.Can't access Youtube in work so can't provide a link!

It's 200 on Thomann & X-music.
How about 120?

There is a demo on Youtube by some French guy.It will give you a good indication of it's parameters.I think it's the first video that comes up.Can't access Youtube in work so can't provide a link!

Cool, I'll check it out! Won't be home til tomorrow and can't check youtube in work either unfortunately. I'll let you know anyway :) thanks.

Have you visited X music over by the red cow? It's enormous. I picked up a big muff there last week for 59 squid. Theres a good few distortion/fuzz pedals & I was able to try them all out aswell. The place is huge. Makes a change buying gear from a shop rather than online,. Anyway, tis worth a look. And no, I don't work for them.

Have you visited X music over by the red cow? It's enormous. I picked up a big muff there last week for 59 squid. Theres a good few distortion/fuzz pedals & I was able to try them all out aswell. The place is huge. Makes a change buying gear from a shop rather than online,. Anyway, tis worth a look. And no, I don't work for them.

No, I haven't made it out there yet. Might try this weekend though. Kinda looking for a nice "boutique" fuzz (man i hate that term!). Do they carry any of them? Or is anyone selling any? Just wanna have something that's a little different from the usual stock pedals, ya know.

The thing about those "boutique" pedals is theyre usually not cheap. There are some lovely pedals out there though, plenty on ebay, have a look at Meta Sonix or Death by Audioc maybe. The harmony central website has lots of reviews of loads of different pedals... hope this helps... The fender blender is a personal favourite :)

The thing about those "boutique" pedals is theyre usually not cheap. There are some lovely pedals out there though, plenty on ebay, have a look at Meta Sonix or Death by Audioc maybe. The harmony central website has lots of reviews of loads of different pedals... hope this helps... The fender blender is a personal favourite :)

yeah they aint exactly cheap, and i can find quite few I like but the main problem is that more often than not you have to pay a crazy amount on shipping and customs tax.

yeah they aint exactly cheap, and i can find quite few I like but the main problem is that more often than not you have to pay a crazy amount on shipping and customs tax.
I know I've said it loads here in the last few weeks, but look at english sites. Serious bargains to be had with the weak pound.

I know I've said it loads here in the last few weeks, but look at english sites. Serious bargains to be had with the weak pound.

Yeah there's some bargains out there!

Am i wrong though, or will we now be taxed 21.5% on anything we buy from abroad????

I know the Thomann Irish site says that all their prices now include this tax.

kinda makes most of the bargains less of a bargain if it applies to everything

What tax is this now? As far as I'm aware if you buy from inside the EU you pay no extra tax.

I must be missing something here, why are they charging you the Irish VAT rate if you're buying from Germany?

Anyway my original point was to buy from people in the UK at the moment, not Thomann.

I have an Artec Twin Head and the obligitory Boss DS-1

Do you have anything to swap yourself? -im looking for overdrive pedals at the moment - preferably boss bass overdrive

The craic with thomann is that vat at the increased irish rate is already included on the price so you have to worry about it.......
You can get a lot of stuff for cheaper from English sites at the moment cause of pound being so low-

100 Sterling is about 110 euros at the moment.

Ok, just to be clear, so if I buy from an English site, I only pay shipping, none of this tax stuff?

If that's true then sweet!!!

I have an Artec Twin Head and the obligitory Boss DS-1

Do you have anything to swap yourself?

How does the Artec hold up? Tempted to pick up their soloist distrotion. Cheap as chips!

Nothing to swap, I'm a bit of a hoarder unfortunately. recently found an old original Boss OD-1 my uncle gave me. Sounds great before an MXR Blue Box for keeping the gate on it open!

Ok, just to be clear, so if I buy from an English site, I only pay shipping, none of this tax stuff?

If that's true then sweet!!!
Well I just recieved a bass from soundslive.co.uk on Monday. Cost was £599 plus £24 delivery, that was it.

I'm still totally confused as to why Thomann charge the Irish VAT rate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back