VVM's Irish Tour Website!! (1 Viewer)

V/vm in Belfast

I mailed them to see if they really were just coming to Belfast to go on the piss and yes their intention is to just 'get wasted' as they're dropping a friend off here and couldn't find anyone to put a show on. They gave me a mobile no to ring Sunday evening to meet up and asked me to 'get the beer on ice'. All will be revealed next week.

Picked up in Freebird yonks ago a cheap cd of Christmas songs they butchered; some of which was quite enjoyable a la FairyTale of New York.

um, they should say that on their press release somewhere, i mean no one could hold just wanting to get pissed against them, some people might not be willing to pay money to watch them however... yes.

Re: V/vm in Belfast

Originally posted by ron
Picked up in Freebird yonks ago a cheap cd of Christmas songs they butchered; some of which was quite enjoyable a la FairyTale of New York.

I've got that too(Christmas Pudding one), i still haven't listened to everything on it, that's not a good sign as i got it a couple of years ago

Originally posted by meta

who is thalamus that played with V/VM
I think he runs the alphabet set ? or is part of it at the very least .

I saw him play a live set a few weeks ago and thought it was brilliant (and I rarely give praise ). his music is kinda like aphex twin .

The gig was deadly! My DJing went a bit wonky near the end because I practically ran out of records (I thought I'd be playing for one hour and was asked to play for two).

V/Vm's show was the funniest thing ever. It was exactly how Don'tMugYourself described, except it made me laugh my ass off. I suppose it helps that I knew what was coming. Also, I'm a big fan of people fucking up and distorting other people's songs.

My favourite bit of the show was when they started slagging off Kid 606 (there was a big Kid 606 poster behind them, he's playing in the Village soon) and some guy in the crowd started telling them to fuck off. Or else he was cheering, he was pretty drunk, I couldn't really tell.

-Thayl

Originally posted by DontMugYourself
It was the worst pile of shite I have ever heard in my life!!!! NO JOKE!!

V/VM were absolutely TERRIBLE!!! REPEAT absolutely TERRIBLE!!!

Two fucking idiots in pig masks playing air guitar and jumping around in front of the 'decks' (those horrible Pioneer CD players that you can make 'scratching' sounds with the CD size rubber 'records' on top of them).

They played all the greats (yeah right) Robbies Williams I just want to feel real love, Billy Idols White Wedding, Chris de Burgh Lady in Red, Joy Divisions Love will tear us apart etc etc

One set off party poppers while the other mimed the lyrics into a microphone.

It was SO bad I can't describe, One of the worst things I have ever ever seen. Of course a lot of people there were laughing the whole way through, obviously getting the Joke (or more like feeling like they didnt want to not get the very very poor joke)

Addend V/VM at your peril!! THEY ARE SHIT

couldn't the same thing could be said about the warlords of pez ? they dress up in stupid clothes and sing terrible thirty second songs about irish breakfasts and derek davis .

I imagine some people would go see the warlords and be like "oh my god , thats brutal" because they don't "get" it .
I think they are hilarious and have laughed until I've had a stitch everytime I've seen them play and , had I gone to vvm I'd say I would of laughed my head off as well .
I really doubt vvm take themselves seriously and think they are pushing the boundaries of music . theyre just having a laugh , in a very similar way to the warlords .

While I take your point, I dont agree,

The Warlords are funny because their songs are funny i.e funny lyrics, stupid things they do when playing them etc etc. When they play they hold your attention because each song is different and they do and say different things.

Those 2 jokers in V/VM were just not funny. They were just jumping around like two pissed students in a bedsit to some really stupid distorted radio hits.

In my opinion it was pathetically pityful. Enough on V/VM, they are getting me down!! Its Friday and I am going to go out to try to blank last night out of my mind

Originally posted by DontMugYourself
While I take your point, I dont agree,

The Warlords are funny because their songs are funny i.e funny lyrics, stupid things they do when playing them etc etc. When they play they hold your attention because each song is different and they do and say different things.

Those 2 jokers in V/VM were just not funny. They were just jumping around like two pissed students in a bedsit to some really stupid distorted radio hits.

In my opinion it was pathetically pityful. Enough on V/VM, they are getting me down!! Its Friday and I am going to go out to try to blank last night out of my mind

duhhhhmy - v/vm was totally funny. funnier than the warlords of pez. they got bored with limerick crowd and started doing noise which was just funny. nice enough heads; bummed approx 129038123092183210 smokes off one of them. i met this english guy who used to be in a black metal band called Wulf and he got engaged in the high stool or something (no joke) and they were giving him free booze all night. fuckin a.

anyway i gotta listen to mf doom now.

andrew

Originally posted by RAD-ALARM
anyway i gotta listen to mf doom now.

Release dates:
June 17:
King Geedorah (MF Doom) – Take Me To Your Leader

June 24:
Madlib – Shades of Blue - madlib doing 2 tracks for the new busta rhymes album

Originally posted by Ed
Release dates:
June 17:
King Geedorah (MF Doom) – Take Me To Your Leader

June 24:
Madlib – Shades of Blue - madlib doing 2 tracks for the new busta rhymes album

king geedorah is amazing.
get dooms special herbs shit - all his instrumentals. so good.

andrew

V/vm in Belfast

Went to Kavanaghs last night to meet those nice V/vm chaps. They were on the wind-down after driving from Cork and placated themselves with a few beers & toots while admitting to various injuries they'd picked up on tour due to their stage antics.

V/vm - what a bunch of chancers.

I`d have to agree with Dontmugyourself on this one-
"Those 2 jokers in V/VM were just not funny. They were just jumping around like two pissed students in a bedsit to some really stupid distorted radio hits."

But it was kinda encouraging to see that 2 guys can get up on stage - act the maggot for a while, AND get paid for it!!
I`ve started to plan my great rock`n`roll swindle already...

VVM in Cork was the best night out in ages. Everyone there had a brilliant time, everyone was dancing, one guy jumped up on stage with the lads. The 'singer' got a nosebleed at the end, which looked weird as the blood was pouring out of the snout of his pig mask! They smashed crap 7" singles off the walls, and also off their heads! They ended up in the crowd, rolling around with the monitors. It was an ace night all round. And they're lovely fellas to boot.
Saw the C4O the night before and they were piss poor. Predictable in every sense. I was bored out of my box!
Hurray for VVM!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back