VVM's Irish Tour Website!! (1 Viewer)

Going by the live photos they have - it all looks pretty chaotic/interesting.....
It`ll also be payday when they play here.
Thank christ for paydays.

The V/Vm Pirate Tour of Ireland kicks off in Spi Bar tomorrow night (Thursday the 5th of June) at 9:30pm ish. It's only 6 quid in and it'll be V/Vm's first ever show here!

Support comes from Thalamus (live) and me (my stupid electronic name is skkatter and I'll be playing silly remixes off the laptop and DJing and I might sing a song).

They're playing Limerick on Friday in "High Stool" (where the hell is that?) and Cork on Saturday in The Lobby Bar. I'll be popping down for the Cork show too, but just as an audience member.

Check out the gallery of their past shows. And they're going to be filming the whole thing for an upcomming Channel 4 documentary, oh wait, somebody already said that. They're also going to be selling lots of V/Vm music for cheap at all their shows, so bring extra money.

-Thayl

can someone gimme the lowdown on these guys? i've never heard of them before, they don't seem like a typical 'band' and i'll need a good excuse to finish rehersal tomorrow if i'm going to get to see them...

Originally posted by AlphaRelish
can someone gimme the lowdown on these guys? i've never heard of them before, they don't seem like a typical 'band' and i'll need a good excuse to finish rehersal tomorrow if i'm going to get to see them...

prepare to be showered with rotten fruit and some things to get broken.

here hag, you wondering about this V/VM thing? yeah, sure am... well, okay, this might help in the way that "prepare to be showered with rotten fruit and some things to get broken." doesn't...

;)

V/VM - PRESS

V/Vm Test Records was set up in 1995 by Jim Kirby and Andy McGreggor (better known as Jansky Noise). Since then they've pretty much produced some of the best/worst 'music' to come from Stockport.
They have recorded for Fat Cat Records and have worked closely with Skam on the 0161 compilation and released tracks from the likes of Boards of Canada, Bola, Autechre, Kid 606, Stockhausen and Walkman to name but a few. V/VM have become infamous for their plunderphonic gems such as the NME Single Of the Week 'Lady in Red'.

V/VM SINGLE REVIEW
This is truly a one-of-a-kind record and genius in the simplicity of the idea, execution, and attack. V/VM is a necessary listen.

"Absolute confusion reigns everytime V/VM & friends release a record. The British audio 'butchers' have taken it upon themselves to ruin every pop record by any means necessary! As despised as much as they are adored, these madmen are surely making some of the most original recordings anywhere!"

REVIEW from B'ham Post
by Andrew Cowen
'Jolly though this was, the real stars of the show were V/VM. Anyone who knows me will attest to my sheer love and devotion to any musicians in masks. This was my dream date. V/VM, replete in lovely pig masks, have a simple gimmick. They put 80s AOR love anthems through some non-determined filter to create the school disco from hell. '

V/VM ALBUM REVIEW
"If each man kills the thing he loves, as Oscar Wilde famously claimed, then Stockport-based underground electro-punk collective V/Vm must really worship cheesy teen-pop and naff '80s one-hit wonders. So devout is their love, in fact, that they have kidnapped 21 chart faves from the last two decades, put them through a digital shredder, and then methodically arranged the results into bizarro sonic sculpture.
But this isn't a comedy record, it's a treatise on pop and our love/hate relationship with it. Crucially, V/Vm have also created some perversely beautiful new music from their painstaking demolition jobs - Barry White's 'Just The Way You Are' becomes an impressively sinister mutant symphony, and the Portishead-on-elephant-tranquillisers remake of Martine McCutcheon's 'Perfect Moment' is a real improvement.

If Aphex Twin, Chris Morris and American Psycho anti-hero Patrick Bateman shared one huge and frightening brain, this copyright-liberating affront to good taste would be its permanent soundtrack. With Les Dawson on piano, obviously.

You can track it down via www.brainwashed.com/vvm and you really should.

i went down... asked the girl on the door if they'd started, she said yeah. it was around 10.30. then, when we went inside, we found out they weren't going to be starting til around 1 which was too late for me on a school night... bint.

was it any good?
intended to go but was so tired last night I was asleep be 11

It was the worst pile of shite I have ever heard in my life!!!! NO JOKE!!

V/VM were absolutely TERRIBLE!!! REPEAT absolutely TERRIBLE!!!

Two fucking idiots in pig masks playing air guitar and jumping around in front of the 'decks' (those horrible Pioneer CD players that you can make 'scratching' sounds with the CD size rubber 'records' on top of them).

They played all the greats (yeah right) Robbies Williams I just want to feel real love, Billy Idols White Wedding, Chris de Burgh Lady in Red, Joy Divisions Love will tear us apart etc etc

One set off party poppers while the other mimed the lyrics into a microphone.

It was SO bad I can't describe, One of the worst things I have ever ever seen. Of course a lot of people there were laughing the whole way through, obviously getting the Joke (or more like feeling like they didnt want to not get the very very poor joke)

Addend V/VM at your peril!! THEY ARE SHIT

ah grand... i think it was a case of press release being much more entertaining than the actual act... glad i got me sleep now.

Originally posted by Hooray for rock
http://brainwashed.com/vvm/live_ireland_main.htm

Check out this link for news on VVM's Irish tour. Madness and mayhem guatanteed!! And they're filming the whole thing for a possible C4 documentary!

Whats this bloke on about then?
They`re playing here in limerick tonight - i`d better check to see if there`s something else on abouts.They sound fuckin brutal...:(

"underground electro-punk collective V/Vm" - so this description is a tad bit off the mark?
How the hell did they get on the front cover of WIRE magazine ?(if they`re as bad as yee say)

The support band "Safe" might be worth checking out...

ha ha ha, wire only writes about stuff it doesn't understand, it's like the blind leading the blind, only everyone's screaming "wow, these new eyes are so amazing!"

or something like that...

Originally posted by AlphaRelish
screaming "wow, these new eyes are so amazing!"
[/B]

new improved eyes? LOL!!!!!!

rimbeauxxx - safe is meant to be pretty deadly. bullets is playing too (who could that be?!?!?)

see you later - i totally forgot to make you that cd. bogus.

andrew

who the hell are bullets?

hell i got paid today - so i may a well go in.Juliet turner is meant to be in dolans tonight, but i can catch here the next time she plays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back