Volume boost for solos? (1 Viewer)

Move forward a bit so your guitar is closer to the microphone. I'm sure I saw some band on telly doing this years ago.

But they're PAINTED.

Srsly, I'd buy one if you're making Moose.
That and I can finally stop failing to get my Guv'nor to you :D

Yeah I can make them, can get them custom hand painted too if ya want but it'll cost a good bit more. As Chutney says there it's a really simple circuit. I've been thinking about the idea of sticking one in Gazzywazzy's guitar with an wee on-board switch so he doesn't need to go find a pedal on stage.

Pm me so I don't ruin Gary's thread.

work on your picking/strumming and pick up settings.

(thats the non FX route)

Currently using a single pick up guitar with everything at 10. I also strum pretty hard,so this options not for me.

I'll probably end up just getting one of my Marshall's fixed and use that along with the volume on the guitar,but until then......I'm liking hearing some other options.

This is a good point actually. Also believe it or not, treble boost pedals can be pretty nice for helping a solo to cut though. Always thought they were a shit idea for a pedal, but they actually do sound great!

I have a treble boost somewhere. But don't think I ever tried it with solo's in mind. I'll dig that one out.

Yeah I can make them, can get them custom hand painted too if ya want but it'll cost a good bit more. As Chutney says there it's a really simple circuit. I've been thinking about the idea of sticking one in Gazzywazzy's guitar with an wee on-board switch so he doesn't need to go find a pedal on stage.

Pm me so I don't ruin Gary's thread.

Oh baby!

actually that danelectro cool cat has a pretty massive level boost, and still sounds nice and filthy. only 30 quid on ebay, but made by anti-gays it seems

Danelectro are anti-gay?

and i made up a gay superhero called Dan Electro- he was fab-u lous

but seriously

what?

Danelectro use rainbow coloured ribbon cable to interconnect PCBs in their pedals. For that reason I thought they were pro-gay.
Maybe they just wanna keep the gays guys single and available?

Danelectro use rainbow coloured ribbon cable to interconnect PCBs in their pedals. For that reason I thought they were pro-gay.
Maybe they just wanna keep the gays guys single and available?

The guy who bought Danelectro a while back donated large amounts of money to the Prop 8 stuff a while back. Same guy that made the Foxx Tone Machine apparently, so Devi Ever & Tom Dalton went and made a Foxx Tone clone(ironic given how many clones Dano makes) called "The Big Gay Fuzz", and sold it on eBay with the proceeds going to some big gay charity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back