Vista (2 Viewers)

business wont touch this for at least 3 years

I'd be surprised if we ever use it. Bit of a push on for the linux desktops + virtualisation + Citrix published apps.... be fun to see how the likes of AutoCad behave in that environment though.

the times are changing back.

we have some GIS based stuff running on citrix; however, it needed four servers dedicated to 20 (total, not concurrent) users...
I'm in the process of setting up an evaluation of 2 x virtualised Citrix Presentation Servers on some 4 CPU, 16GB monster servers. Checking out VMWare Server (free) running on SLES 10 vs VMWare ESX Server (very much not free). Should be interesting...

Citrix can be weird though. In an emergency last year I had to set up a second Metaframe server for a new accounting package, but there were no actual servers available so I grabbed the nearest spare Dell desktop and put it on that (i did say it was an emergency).

Thing is it's been running happily on that desktop pc since then, and with better performance (more concurrent users, better performance) than the actual "real" server.

I'm posting from my brand new ridiculously overspecced aldi laptop which I bought this morning and which came with Vista pre-installed. At the minute I'm only going to use it for websurfing and word precessing but I'm going to buy myself a little home recording setup in the next month or so, any compatability issues with reason/abbleton/cubase likely to crop up? Particularly slightly less than legitimate versions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back