• Thread starter RSJ
  • Start date
  • Replies 26
  • Views 3K
  • Watchers 0

RSJ

Website
www.gravelbox.net
1: Where's good to buy punk records in europe? Used get stuff from interpunk but i keep getting caught for import tax.
2: Anyone have a buying guide for hot water music?

I would suggest don't,but I don't like them. I'm sure plenty of people on here will sing praises for them.

Mailorder in europe depends on what you're after?

well if you wnat hot water music stuff i cant help but recommend no idea, they usually dont bother with shite like import tax and their prices are cheap as hell, usually 6 or 7 dolalrs for an lp or 7 or 8 for a cd and thats american dollars so its less again in euro and from dealing with em before they are good and quick and posi:p

Yeah, that's a pretty good selection of stuff...you also need the split LP with Leatherface, the Fuel For the Hate Game LP and ESPECIALLY the Moments Pass 7". Don't bother with any of the last 3 LPs or the 1st one.

Corm said:
Yeah, that's a pretty good selection of stuff...you also need the split LP with Leatherface, the Fuel For the Hate Game LP and ESPECIALLY the Moments Pass 7". Don't bother with any of the last 3 LPs or the 1st one.

to be fair, it comes down to personal opinion but yeah- all the things that have been mentioned you can't go wrong with. Never Ender and Fuel for the hate Game are essentials really. No Division i never thought was as good as many people said it was...it is good, and i really love the first song but its not really on a par with their best.

Personally I thought their Epitaph album Caution was great as well but it all comes down to opinion- i know some people who think their first record is one of their best.

Their newest one -The New What Next is pretty dreadful by their standards but oddly sometimes it seems really good but only when i'm in 'the mood' for it- if ya know what i mean?! anyway. i've kinda got carried away here- JUST BUY NEVER ENDER!!!!

Corm said:

corm, i'm disappointed in you! moonpies for misfits includes the moments pass 7"
indeed, you can get moonpies on double 7"

the trouble with HWM records is that they are usually 50% shite. i think forever and counting is only 30% shite though. i left 'fuel...' out cos i was trying to narrow it down - stylistically it sounds pretty much the same as 'forever...'

'no divison' came right in the middle, it still has the hardcore element but it's when they started writing really good pop songs too, plus it's got the most anthems.

'live at the hardback' is pretty amazing as well if you can find it.

its a toss up between Fuel... and No Division, but i think i'll go for No Division.

i love HWM so i do. they're one of those rare bands that can really "lift" you, and really raise your spirits.

xConorx said:
http://www.revhq.com

they always tick "gift" so no tax. Big distro, colour vinyl, shirts, quick, reliable all that jazz. Based in the States but the $$ rate is decent these days, well for sterling anyway, dunno how it is for you euro-using types.
I was looking at that but they're short on a few things on vinyl at the minute, like the last Small Brown Bike album. Incredible selection though.

Do you mean the CD-EP of Moonies For Misfits? No thanks.

The copies of have of each is Moonpies for Misfits, b-side Where We Belong, and Moments Pass, b-side Another Way. Both are on very very nice marbled vinyl, different colours...I think that Where We Belong, Moments Pass and Another Way are possibly their best 3 songs...really amazing...don't really know any other modern bands who are cursed with the tag of "emo" that I actually like as with this band...

I think Never Ender is best for all around quality, but No Division has a special place in my heart being the first one I got and went crazy for...I think the songs off the Leatherface split are really amazing too...and though Forever and Counting and Fuel For the Hate Game have quite a bit of average stuff on them, they also include some of the bands' most amazing songs too...but this is definitely one band where different people have totally different opinions on their different stuff...

ReadySteadyJedi said:
Really? That song Safe In Sound is brilliant though, is the rest of the album shite?
no, really, it's totally lame.

if you havent gotten Dead Reckoning yet then do so right away. amazing album.

Alan Remorse said:
no, really, it's totally lame.

if you havent gotten Dead Reckoning yet then do so right away. amazing album.
I dunno, my mother warned me about taking musical advice from someone who don't like fugazi...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back