Vinyl - HBO TV Show (2 Viewers)

The latest episode was the second thoroughly decent one. Between Richie and Gyp Rosetti Bobby Canavale plays some really great crazy!

Finally got around to watching some of this. It's better than I thought it would be based on what everyone is saying but so far it's just the same story as Mad Men but transposed onto the 70's music biz?

I think i'll see through to the end, purely from a music fan perspective. Just to see how much of everything they will wreck.

I got as far as the scene with the German record execs/lawyers in episode 1 last night and couldn't take any more. It was a big steaming turd made for whoever it is that still buys Rolling Stone.

I got as far as the scene with the German record execs/lawyers in episode 1 last night and couldn't take any more. It was a big steaming turd made for whoever it is that still buys Rolling Stone.
The 6th episode is good and the rest have good scenes but are generally shit! It's bizarro. Maybe Terrence Winter really is a big fat hack! Hence the firing!

It's completely un-obvious what needs to be ironed out by the show runners in season two since so much of it is uninteresting and messy. They should have never gone down the murder/mob route, been there done that. All the characters are tropes galore.

Clarke's story strangely turned out to have the most promise for season 2.

I didn't finish season 1 and won't be watching season 2. They should cancel it and make something good instead.
Yeah it really doesn't deserve a second season. HBO are just throwing money at it because they have no other dramas besides The Leftovers which is ending soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back