Vinyl - HBO TV Show (1 Viewer)

David Kronenbourg

Solutions
New Scorsese/Jagger/Terrence Winter show about record execs in the 70s. Seems to be getting very mixed reviews. Scorsese will do any old shite these days. I'll be watching though.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Vinyl is a brash and bruising take on the Seventies music business – review

Scratch that: HBO’s Vinyl is a Jagger and Scorsese stinker

It does look like a load of white-washed shite in fairness. I will probably watch it though cos... well... new york.

This was pretty ropey. Completely all over the place, badly written and they tried to pack way too much in to the opening episode. I always cringe when I see actors playing real life musicians. The cast will be the main thing that will keep me watching, except for the singer from the fictional punk band, he was dreadful.

Did it last 2 hours or 4 days, who knows?
I'll watch the next episode though, but that's because I have nothing better to do.

This show is getting such bad reviews that I'm beginning to think it must be pushing some interesting buttons.

Defo gonna watch it.

Second episode a big improvement on the first. Slowed down a bit, better writing, and less musical interludes (although the Velvet Underground one was terrible).

Well it's not particularly good.
Basically all the scenes in the office are good despite the show essentially being Mad Men in a 1970's record company. The great Juno Temple is Peggy Olsen, then they have the slimey Pete Campbell A&R guy.

What this show needs, is to have every scene be between Max Casella and Bobby Canavale because Casella is stealing the fucking show and he's a supporting character.

Main issues though is that the show thinks it can serve you up the ultra dull personal live stories and flashbacks without having earned the right to do so. They are serving up what should be season 2 or 3 material in the first two episodes and nobody gives a fuck. The Warhol stuff zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. The Ray Ramano stufff zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. The token black character being fucked over zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. The problem with tv now is that what was once interesting and made tv blow up (character with job X has just as interesting a personal life that will be richly explored) is now this giant tedious trope that needs to be ditched and reconsidered ASAP (True Detective 2 anyone?).

Why can't the show just be about music and cocaine and A&R meetings! That's what everybody is watching for.

P.S. How did the director of the second episode make a better Scorsese vibed episode than Scorsese?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back