American Horror Story: Freakshow (1 Viewer)

David Kronenbourg

Solutions
I’ll be watching this. Anyone else? Good reviews for the opening episode.

There seems to be a formula for this show. The first few episodes of each season are great, then it descends into ridiculousness. It seems like Ryan Murphy is given too much freedom and throws every stupid idea he has into the mix making it the most inconsistent show on TV. I stopped watching Coven halfway through when they started killing off and reanimating characters at random.

This season’s premise has potential though.

American Horror Story: Freak Show - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Overall I loved Coven, but you're right it felt like there were no stakes so after a while you stop caring. I still watched it through because I'm obsessed with Taissa Farmiga.

Really excited for Freakshow though, they have some really cool stories by the looks of it. I'm really sad to hear Jessica Lange, who is basically the most amazing thing about the entire show, every series, is leaving though after this. And no Taissa this series :(

Jessica Lange is terrific in this. Chews scenery with the best of them. I think Kathy Bates will likely take over as lead. Sarah Paulson is always great and Evan Peters is an underrated actor.

I think Asylum has been the most fun and consistent so far, although it did go off the rails in the last few episodes when they jumped forward to the present day and introduced a boring serial killer plot. This was really cool.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Don't foget about Frances Conroy, she was amazing in Coven!

tumblr_mz4823p1Z41qk08n1o1_500.gif

I loved the first 5 or 6 episodes of the very first series a few years back but it then descended into complete mess. People were getting killed off to the point where you couldn't keep up. But those first few episodes were as good as anything that I had seen on any tv series esp the seductive house maid and Gimp character. Got so shit after that, that I lost complete confidence in the show and have never bothered to watch again. Is this worth the effort?

I'd put season 3 above season 2. I thought asylum was all over the place, some great moments but far too much crammed into one season. Didn't need the aliens for one thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back