Vegan parents kill baby by starvation (1 Viewer)

hey hey hey i wasnt saying it is a view i would agree with but i had this conversation with a vegan once and that was his point of view - i think wait until the kid is old and healthy enough to make a decision about his dietary lifestyle.
the same should apply to baptism.

I don't know though. I know a family where the mother was unable to breastfeed and the children were lactose intolerant. They were fed on soy based formula etc and while all a bit anaemic looking they did survive.

I suppose it would be a bit different though if their bodies actually couldnt handle dairy as opposed to this baby whose body probably could

5-second internet search reveals this:

Animal-Free Soya-Based Infant Formulas

For vegetarian and vegan mothers soya-based infant formulas are suitable substitutes where breastfeeding is not possible. Currently there is only one completely animal-free soya-based infant formula available for mothers who wish to bring their baby up on a vegan diet. This is Farley’s Soya Formula from Heinz. Vegetarian soya-based infant formulas are InfaSoy from Cow & Gate and the powdered versions of SMA Gold, SMA White, Progress and Wysoy from SMA Nutrition. Soya-based infant formulas are nutritionally complete and comply with strict UK and EU legislation which specifies the nutritional composition of these formula feeds. Babies must NEVER be given normal adult cow’s milk or normal adult soya milk until after the age of a year as these do not provide all the nutrients a baby needs.

I suppose it would be a bit different though if their bodies actually couldnt handle dairy as opposed to this baby whose body probably could

Yes, it probably could, but there are studies that suggest that cows milk, and it's byproducts isn't totally suitable for small babies. As Snaky has demonstrated there are vegan formula options that they could have used. I'm just amazed that 31 and 27 year olds could allow a baby to starve to death.

Babies must NEVER be given normal adult cow’s milk or normal adult soya milk until after the age of a year as these do not provide all the nutrients a baby needs.

Sure they coulda just been horsin a load of the same soy milk they were throwing on their cornflakes into the little tyke

Ah yeah, that reminded me.. Sure, you wouldn't be feeding a child straight milk.. It's all formulas..

which shows that the vegan thing had nothing to do with it

they were just ill-informed

It's perfectly reasonable for vegan parents to raise their children as vegan

not that I'm vegan or anything

bunch a limp-wristed loonies if you ask me

but that's their right

hmm, I could do with sausage or a bit of a burger right now so I could

hmm, I could do with sausage or a bit of a burger right now so I could

I'm going for a chicken bap soon..

Ok, are we agreed that they didn't mean to murder their child? They were mis inormed? They were giving the child regular soy milk rather than the soy milk powder which the baby needed?

We could be a damn good jury.

Theres been studies to show that vegan babies can be raised healthily but they grow up with a more frail build and I think thats just wrong to be givin your child that set back in life without consultation

I'm going for a chicken bap soon..

Ok, are we agreed that they didn't mean to murder their child? They were mis inormed? They were giving the child regular soy milk rather than the soy milk powder which the baby needed?

We could be a damn good jury.

Whether the death of the child was through ignorance or wilful neglect if a baby is losing weight instead of gaining weight you seek advice. By not seeking advice from anyone and continuing with something that obviously wasn't working they killed their baby.

I think we'd be a Twelve Angry Men type jury!

Edit: I'm not vegan either. Carnivore through and through.

th ehippies must learn. this'll send a message out accross the hippy universe: don't be a fucking gimp. feed your child.

Ah extremes eh. They're great.

510E9KKWENL.jpg
510E9KKWENL.jpg
510E9KKWENL.jpg
510E9KKWENL.jpg
510E9KKWENL.jpg
510E9KKWENL.jpg
510E9KKWENL.jpg
510E9KKWENL.jpg
510E9KKWENL.jpg
510E9KKWENL.jpg
510E9KKWENL.jpg
510E9KKWENL.jpg
510E9KKWENL.jpg
510E9KKWENL.jpg
510E9KKWENL.jpg
510E9KKWENL.jpg
510E9KKWENL.jpg
510E9KKWENL.jpg
510E9KKWENL.jpg
510E9KKWENL.jpg
510E9KKWENL.jpg
510E9KKWENL.jpg
510E9KKWENL.jpg
510E9KKWENL.jpg
510E9KKWENL.jpg
510E9KKWENL.jpg
510E9KKWENL.jpg
510E9KKWENL.jpg
510E9KKWENL.jpg
510E9KKWENL.jpg
510E9KKWENL.jpg
510E9KKWENL.jpg
510E9KKWENL.jpg
510E9KKWENL.jpg
510E9KKWENL.jpg
510E9KKWENL.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back