Vaccinations (1 Viewer)

if you don;t get your nippers vaccinated you rely on herd immunity. Which works, to an extent.

But, as far as I understand immunology the likelihood of my child getting permanently damaged from a vaccination from a disease is considerably lower than the child getting that disease.
So, you can play the game if you want, but its a numbers game, and the numbers are against you.

The risk of autism from vaccination is at most very very low. The risk of permanent serious damage from childhood illness is not as low.

You live in Ireland, so you will benefit from herd immunity. That is, you rely on every other child around your child being vaccinated, and therefore immune, halting the infection before it starts. I have worked with a few virologists / immunologists who don't take a liberal approach to this. They just say the numbers are overwhelming, vaccinate.

I live more or less 1/2 km away from the third world here. So I am getting my child immunised against everything going.

Sound.

I presume someone has already posted a link to Ben Goldacre's bad science blog? In case no-one's bothered to follow the link, I'll summarise what he says about the risk of autism from vaccinations:

There is not, nor has there ever been, any evidence of a link between the two.

If you don't believe him, you can look it up on the Cochrane Collaboration's website http://www.cochrane.org

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back