Vaccinations (2 Viewers)

Diddles

HMB still has none. Am considering getting him some but am wondering if he could get one at a time rather than getting rakes of them all at once.

I'm still in two minds about the whole thing.

Do any of yis not have your kids vaccinated against anything?

HMB still has none. Am considering getting him some but am wondering if he could get one at a time rather than getting rakes of them all at once.

I'm still in two minds about the whole thing.

Do any of yis not have your kids vaccinated against anything?

I wasn't vaccinated, nor were my siblings, nor are my nieces and nephew. I'm reluctant to go into the reasons my parents had, and my brother and sister had, because I don't want to offend anyone with alternative views on vaccinations. We're all alive and healthy and the nieces and nephew are very bright and healthy kids.

Make sure you've done your research. As with anything.

as part of your research watch this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paternity_(House) (season 1 episode 2 since links with commas don't work)

everything you need to know about vaccinations assuming you believe fictional doctors.

by the by: I caught the mumps despite being vaccinated against it, yeah thanks guys

I'm reluctant to go into the reasons my parents had, and my brother and sister had, because I don't want to offend anyone with alternative views on vaccinations.
Ah go on!

My ma didn't get my brothers vaccinated against whooping cough because she heard some rumour about side effects. They both got it real bad, and at one stage she was sure the younger one was going to die. He survived though.

Not getting vaccinations isn't so dangerous anymore, as nearly everyone gets them and therefore the diseases the vaccinations prevent aren't so widespread. I still think you're mad though diddles.

As I said, I'm in two minds about it. I've read and heard both sides of the argument, from mad, hysterical women going on about autism and cancer and stuff to us being terribly irresponsible parents and everything in between.

I probably will get them though as I have a slight freaker any time another child comes within ten feet of him in case it's riddled :p.

This little kid in the shops the other day practically threw himself on top of HMB in the car seat and I had to drag him off. I spent all day worrying that he would catch something manky off him.

I've held off mainly because I've felt that he was too young to get them as it's a big shock to the system.

ah kids get over the needle

having said that, I never got vaccinated for anything. I caught measles and mumps and I'm as healthy as a young ox now (and twice as virile, just in case anyone is wondering)

I've held off mainly because I've felt that he was too young to get them as it's a big shock to the system.
Less of a shock than getting a DISEASE I'd say. They get over it pretty fast diddles, cranky for a day or two and that's it

Didn't you get polio and TB vaccines in school, snaky, like everyone else? I turned out to be naturally immune to TB, somehow, and didn't need the vaccine. Got measles and mumps too, and I don't think they did any harm but that's not the point izzit? You don't know in advance how bad them things are going to fuck a kid up ... and, from a parent's perspective, a kid who's cranky for a day after a needle is WAY less hassle than a kid who's sick as a dog for a week with mumps

To be honest Ive been more of a wreak every time she has had to get injections than she has.
They get over it very fast and are right as rain nearly straight away.

But its a personal decision and Its up to yourself either way. although if you are going to be stressing about kids coughing on him then id say get them or maybe one of these contraptions for him.

jake_gyllenhaal_bubble_boy_002.jpg

Do they still leave scars?

I've three little circles on my upper left arm from the vaccines as an infant.

I presume there is a scar free technique these days yes?

Didn't you get polio and TB vaccines in school, snaky, like everyone else?

Which is TB, is that the one in the shoulder? I didn't get that - there was something like you got a little thing on your forearm, six yokeys in a circle, and if you didn't scratch it, it'd go away and you'd get the long needle. But I was younger (and more physically immature, I suppose) than the other kids, so it didn't go away, so the doctor said I'd get it the next year, but then I was away to secondary school so I never got it.

As for polio - that was the sugar cube, wasn't it? Yeah I got that one all right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back