Vaccinations (1 Viewer)

Which is TB, is that the one in the shoulder? I didn't get that - there was something like you got a little thing on your forearm, six yokeys in a circle, and if you didn't scratch it, it'd go away and you'd get the long needle. But I was younger (and more physically immature, I suppose) than the other kids, so it didn't go away, so the doctor said I'd get it the next year, but then I was away to secondary school so I never got it.
That's the one.
You should get it, dude.

No way, man, I'm made of steel.

Really???
n761622493_1532286_7572.jpg

I was never vaccinated for the mumps and just got over a dose of it there the other week only for it to spread to my testicles, which landed me in hospital last weekend with a case of orchitis, which I'm juts getting over now.

There's a small risk that it could leave me infertile so i have to go back for further tests in a few weeks time.

I'd say, if you don't get the mumps as a kid, maybe consider getting the vaccination as an adult cause you're much more prone to getting your balls infected and other complications in later life.

It was fucking sore too. Imagine the pain you feel after getting kicked in the bollox, and that pain remaining with you for four of five days. My right ball was so swollen that it felt as hard as a stone. I could barely walk. Thank fuck for pain killers!

Thats fucked up man.I hope you make a full recovery.
Did'nt mess up your fingers I hope.

I'm vaccinated out the ying yang and so's me sprog.

No harm no foul.I wish they hadda vaccinated me against drink.

I really do think the vaccinations are harder on the parents than on the kids. I was in bits after Ike's first jabs, he was grand after a day or so, but I'm scarred for life.

They tried to give me the MMR when I was twelve. I was a bit of crazy kid and refused and threw such a temper tantrum to the point that it sounded like the doctor was doing something terrible to me in the room and they gave up. I've had all the others people get in school. I just had a terrible phobia of needles.

That said, two of my closest friends who I'd spent alot of time with both got mumps at the same time. Apparently you're more contagious the time before you get symptoms (Swollen glands etc) and thats when I spent most time with them. Never got it and dont get sick much either.

not a parent, but any future offspring are getting their jabs, both for their sake and the sake of those around them.

good essay here: why we immunize

one of the scariest things is in one of the comments:

When I was three, I was exposed to chicken pox on purpose. By adults. It was 1952. Was supposed to confer immunity. Nearly killed me.
Bright side, I have a corker of a near-death experience story to tell.

edit: afaik we don't get chicken pox vaccine here, i read it more as a counterargument to the "childhood ailments are usually harmless!" argument. and there is a case for having chicken pox and acquiring the immunity when you're younger, as it's truly nasty in adulthood. otoh, you might be *that kid*.

Thomas got his first shots today. Poor little fella is in pretty rough form after them; not himself at all. None of the warning signs of a reaction, just pretty touchy and upset.

Which is TB, is that the one in the shoulder? I didn't get that - there was something like you got a little thing on your forearm, six yokeys in a circle, and if you didn't scratch it, it'd go away and you'd get the long needle. But I was younger (and more physically immature, I suppose) than the other kids, so it didn't go away, so the doctor said I'd get it the next year, but then I was away to secondary school so I never got it.
think that six-spikey yokey was an allergy test? to see if you'd react badly to the vacc itself? not sure though. those school immunisations were always an exercise in mystery. they added richly to the colourful paranoia of childhood, though.

wasn't there some episode on one of the endless succession of retarded tv dramas that had mothers having chicken-pox parties, so their kids would get it and get over it while young? i don't think it was desperate housewives but it was either that or something similar.

wasn't there some episode on one of the endless succession of retarded tv dramas that had mothers having chicken-pox parties, so their kids would get it and get over it while young? i don't think it was desperate housewives but it was either that or something similar.

I've heard of that happening. Although you hardly need to throw a party. Our 2 and all the other kids in the creche/school seems to get it at the same time a few years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back