US politics (1 Viewer)

Sorry to talk about US politics on the male feminism thread but I just got suggested this on threads

I've no idea if it embeds. probably not.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Anywhooo the top comment, from the poster is delusional shit.

Those granddaughters have this. ❤️ he’s a lucky man on many levels. Godspeed to him.

I'm not saying the grandaughteres aren't going to look our for grandpa is delusional.

I'm saying it's definitely delusional to reassure yourself that someone is fit to be the leader of the free world* because you've deduced that they have carers from a photograph.

*that phrase is wearing a bit thin in fairness.

Democrats brought this on themselves
Fucking dopes

Just the same they did with RBG and her diminishment, too polite to give her the heave-ho and now there's women all over that country struggling to get appropriate pregnancy care.

And then in 2020 congratulating themselves with nominating the first woman of colour for VP, but knowing she was unelectable. Anyone who watched her in the primary debates know she wasn't ready for the gig, but gotta win with the identity politics. Give people on Twitter something to crow about.

Imagine having someone decent in there the past four years? The succession plan would write itself.
You can be right and smug or you can win.
Dopes.

Anyways, it'll be all new people in 100 years anyways. We'll all be dead. Let them sort it out. We'll all be dead in 20 years or so.
And there's good stuff on the telly til then.

The 'we'll all be dead' thing kinda is a bit of a cop out to me. I have assorted people related to me and friends who will not be dead and lives are shaped and directed by my actions and inactions.
I'm glad you have people that will be around in 100 years, I don't think i do.
But it's just a place holder for utter hopelessness. You reach for something like 'sure it's all fucked anyways' or 'this is the world we deserve' or whatever

The Dems being too nice and covering for Biden means Putin wins in Ukraine, Netanyahu wins in Gaza and human misery increases off the charts.

What else can I say?
That Trump V 2.0 will fuck things up so badly that people will finally see sense?
I mean maybe that happens.

But we're not a great species.
We can't save the planet and we can't save ourselves.
Just be good to the people who love you.

I'm literally dying to hear what the definition of bad feminist is right now

This is going to be good

"Doesn't have a dick"
My 19 year old daughter's thesis is that Taylor is playing the role of Victim Of The Patriarchy so that women will relate to her and she can harvest (even more of) their money

Trump gets to be president no matter what. You vote on which party he represents because he doesn't care himself. This has been my only opinion this election season.

I'm not reading two years of posts to see if any of youz have also suggested this but if you did I agree with you.

My 19 year old daughter's thesis is that Taylor is playing the role of Victim Of The Patriarchy so that women will relate to her and she can harvest (even more of) their money

Men are just single/album fodder for her was kinda what i was expecting because someone else said it to me a while back.

Interesting. I'll have a new batch of gremlins in september i'll see if it's got legs..

I guess the question is, assuming Trump wins (keeping in mind the Dems have form on ramming home a Trump victory), how fucked are we?

I'm trying to not go with my normal worst case scenario reaction to everything.

But even with the best will in the world, I'm thinking: a bit. We're a bit fucked, in the best case scenario. The absolute best case scenario of Trump getting back in is something reasonably major will have a serious impact on our life. It's a matter of trying to work out what.

That's overly dramatic, yeah? Life goes on... right?

Fucking hell.

edit - nice to see you @Lili Marlene !

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back