US politics (6 Viewers)

trump 'lost' by nearly 3m votes the first time and by 7m the second time he ran.
Exactly

By memory Republicans have won the popular vote only once since the 1980s, but they've had 4 presidencies, and they got 6 out of the 9 current Scotus judges off the back of that. Minority rule.

Trump could probably win with something close to 40% of the vote, especially if Kennedy and West run and get even a little bit of traction.

Gonna be a rough 4 years, y'all.

"Untested"? How do you test killing someone?
Nitrogen has been test in rodents and based on that it is not allowed to be used as it is slow, stressful, and inefficient. If we think it’s too cruel for rats, then what the fuck is going on here? (Beyond even the madness of accepting that corporal punishment is still a thing)

"Untested"? How do you test killing someone?

Letting someone slowly asphyxiate with nitrogen, may be untested in humans, but its fairly clear how it would go in terms of discomfort.

I honestly don't know why they don't simply shoot them...
I mean, if you're pro death penalty, and you've some moral qualms about not prolonging suffering etc., while not just use the sort of 'humane killers' they use on animals.

You could still have the public freakshow aspects the yanks seem to go for with an audience in the next room..

The whole thing is vengeance plus some weird 19/20c ideas about humane or progressive means to off people.

I had heard that death by nitrogen is painless; your body doesn't get any signal that anything is wrong and you just drift off to sleep. That said, I think that was in the context of accidental death where you're not aware of what's happening.

I had heard that death by nitrogen is painless; your body doesn't get any signal that anything is wrong and you just drift off to sleep. That said, I think that was in the context of accidental death where you're not aware of what's happening.

It's probably also in the context of it slowly filling a room, and gradually displacing the oxygen so you pass out (if you ever have the pleasure of being in an LN2 store, you should see the bottom of the walls/doors should be louvred. to allow it to escape as its heavier than air), as opposed to the great state of Alabama pumping it into you via a modified respirator.

slow, stressful, and inefficient
I was talking to pilots once where part of their training was for them to be in a room where the oxygen was taken out (I presume by just filling the room with nitrogen), and they didn't notice anything until they were revived. I can imagine for a human knowing that you're being killed would be stressful, but I presume the rats don't know. Is it easy to tell if a rat is stressed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back