US politics (2 Viewers)

Read something the other day about how his intention was to come second strengthen his "brand" and be able to say "I could have been president" etc. but had no intention of competing seriously.

He seems to get dumber as the campaign progresses - completely disinterested in anything except his own buffoonery. A normal candidate would surely be expected to improve as the campaign progresses, he gets worse..

If a woman were to have an abortion here she'd be facing 14 years

That could conceivably be argued against; the statute provides that

Destruction of unborn human life 22. (1) It shall be an offence to intentionally destroy unborn human life. (2) A person who is guilty of an offence under this section shall be liable on indictment to a fine or imprisonment for a term not exceeding 14 years, or both. (3) A prosecution for an offence under this section may be brought only by or with the consent of the Director of Public Prosecutions

The offence is the destruction of unborn human life, if she were to undergo a medical procedure (rather than taking the 'abortion pill' option) I'm not sure the law would allow for the prosecution of the lady, rather just the provider of the abortion.
The DPP part is important too, while the law allows for prosecution I imagine that was a sop to wavering FGers, I can't see the DPP ever bringing such a prosecution.

That could conceivably be argued against; the statute provides that

The offence is the destruction of unborn human life, if she were to undergo a medical procedure (rather than taking the 'abortion pill' option) I'm not sure the law would allow for the prosecution of the lady, rather just the provider of the abortion.
The DPP part is important too, while the law allows for prosecution I imagine that was a sop to wavering FGers, I can't see the DPP ever bringing such a prosecution.

Related.

Is Bernie actually beating Clinton now? Or is that wishful thinking on the part of my US-lefty FB acquaintances?

Is Bernie actually beating Clinton now? Or is that wishful thinking on the part of my US-lefty FB acquaintances?

He's won a few recent primaries but is behind on the delegate count, it's fairly tight on the pledged delegates (won in primaries) but Clinton is miles ahead due to the superdelegates (party insiders and big wigs who get a vote)

crisis-actor-4.jpg

Crisis actor - RationalWiki

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back