US politics (6 Viewers)

Heard the first 10 mins of Liveline today...... holy god.
Go on then. I'll give it a go.

Hmm, strange, the cop lad doesn't sound like someone that's spent years over there. He'd get nowhere with that accent, they'd have no idea what he was talking about.

Although he talks the same bollocks as the rest of them, so maybe he's not making the whole thing up. Bit of smell of bulshit off him though.

True not a hint of an accent. Plus one minute he was a cop in San Francisco, then it was Chicago etc.

Bloody disgrace the way his buddy abused his position of power as a cop, illegally searched some guy and the judge said HE was the bad guy.

What's the world coming to.

I had to turn off after John Prine's wife rang in on a bad line.

Just opened up The Granuaile and noticed this is trending on 1.

This is about the same thing that our definitely real American Cop with an accent that gives the impression the nearest he's been to a city was that one time he saw a photo of the LUAS. This is a theme, they have a talking point and they all simultaneously hop on it.

“The streets are filthy, they’re covered with people basically lying, on drugs. They can’t even stand up. They’re falling over. There’s so much crime in the city. I can’t comprehend how people live there.”

It's so easily provably wrong, anyone can go there and see. NYC is not like that, at all. I was in NYC more or less every day at all hours of day and night, every borough, for more than a decade, and I don't think I was directly affected by crime once. That's including leaving bikes locked up outside and stuff.

u92nkz2qptr41.png

Like it's impossible to actually measure crime properly, but to get an idea, the pop of NYC was something like 9 million in 2020. There's something on the order of 30 incidents of robberies happening in NYC per day. Slightly more than that number of assaults.

There's about 1 million people in Dublin. If NYC numbers applied to Dublin you'd be looking at something like 3-4 robberies, or ~2 cars robbed a day. Maybe 3 assaults a day. Dublin would be basically crime free. There'd be more than 3 assaults in Temple Bar alone, on a quiet night.

a racist gun nut working in the pentagon?? never...

secret pentagon records getting leaked and then sitting online on a discord server for a month before anyone even noticed? clearly discord records means something different to kids these days

According to the google there are 19 million active Discord servers and 150 million users. Not really surprising stuff wasn’t noticed.

1.25 million people with "Top Secret" clearance in the US apparently, and this nerd is one of them. Self important pricks.

Someone i know who had at one time got US Top Secret clearance says it's (obviously) not very difficult to obtain.

You'd have to figure the Chinese have the system worked out and have a (great) bunch of lads working at various levels in there

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back