updates from final gbv dates in chicago (1 Viewer)

buck

jusgt arrived back in my hostel from the tobin sprout/gbv gig. it was totally amazing. tobin sprout started off with jabberstroker, an electric version, and played mostly his gbv songs ie atom eyes, a good flying bird, to remake the young flyer, esters day, awful bliss, mincer ray, scissors etc..

gbv opened with over the neptune/ mesh gear fox and played loads of classics fro nearly 3 hours. i was gonna pick highlights but theirs too many, my impression now, pendulum, choking tara, echos myron etc etc. oh ya they played matter eater lad
paul.

and steve if ur reading this they played do the earth.....l

hopefully the same again tomorrow nigfht

ur right about gbv being expensive business, not only with keeping up with their releases but travelling acccross the atlantic to ssee them

Give Clark St, Wrigley Field and the Metro a kiss for me...

Ps. My friend Mike has a cafe just up from the Metro called Uncommon Ground. Good food, great coffee, pricey but. Jeff Buckley played there once and the Tribune declared it the best gig of the year.

buck said:
ur right about gbv being expensive business, not only with keeping up with their releases but travelling acccross the atlantic to ssee them

Should I not mention the time I borrowed money to fly from Chicago to Wembley so I could see Boyzone? No, I probably shouldn't.

now just back from supposedly the last gbv gig ever!! well they made it one to remember that all i have to say. what a better way to ring in the new year...

"in the early days he was bursting with confidence i saw the light changing over the years he began to submerge into the nervous wreck we know him to be...that the electryifying conclusion...."

best band in the world ever methinksss....

had me first drink in over 16 months...don't tell my folks though.

smothered in hugsss.....

youll see if they release a dvd of the last gigs but there was guest apppearances by the following, Don thrasher, Matt Sweeney, Greg Demos, Tobin Sprout (for 14 cheerleader coldfront and Johnny Appleseed) and i'm leaving out some cos i can't remember. also class dancing by Beatle Bob during my kind of soldier, hilarious stuff.

sorry if i'm pissing people off but i got a problem when it comes to gbv.

there is a gbv forum at www.ragebox.com for any of the gbv fanatics out there. if that link doesn't work just type disarm the settlers in google.

ya same here , just put disarm the settlers in google and ul get to it...sorryyyy

hey Bill, did i promise to send you Bob pollard solo stuff? i'll get on the case now if i am ...sorry for delay...

buck said:
ya same here , just put disarm the settlers in google and ul get to it...sorryyyy

hey Bill, did i promise to send you Bob pollard solo stuff? i'll get on the case now if i am ...sorry for delay...
That's cool! Any time is grand. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back