[UPDATED] ATLAS SOUND (Bradford Cox - Deerhunter) support ANIMAL COLLECTIVE (1 Viewer)

Just looked at the tour schedule. They have almost a month off after their Barcelona gig. Could have done something there. If they really wanted to make a gesture to their Irish fans (many of whom had tickets for monday and didn't hear about the Whelans gig) I still think they should make the effort.

And we're talking a full Tripod here. So its not like they'd be doing it for free.

But I take the point. Its a logistical nightmare for them and is something they'd probably rather not do.

But, this is the second time in a row that forces beyond their control have affected an Irish show. Maybe next time they should take a couple of days here, just in case.

Just looked at the tour schedule. They have almost a month off after their Barcelona gig. Could have done something there. If they really wanted to make a gesture to their Irish fans (many of whom had tickets for monday and didn't hear about the Whelans gig) I still think they should make the effort.

And we're talking a full Tripod here. So its not like they'd be doing it for free.

But I take the point. Its a logistical nightmare for them and is something they'd probably rather not do.

But, this is the second time in a row that forces beyond their control have affected an Irish show. Maybe next time they should take a couple of days here, just in case.

I've read & heard repeatedly that their schedules as a band are pretty strictly marked out ahead of time in terms of recording, rehearsal, writing and touring schedules. This is a necessity as I think all three of the currently participating band members live in different cities and Panda especially lives in Lisbon.

I guess they'll still be contractually obliged to play with POD but just not at the end of this tour.

Also anyone noticed this before? Panda Bear?
mtvAC_news.jpg

A young Paul Merton lookalikie?

Paul_Merton.png

EDIT: Yeah, it's a bad picture, but he was a dead ringer at 1.15 last night.

You know you ruined Noah Lennox for me with this.

i meant i can see why people are upset at missing the gig, but can't see why they are so pissed of at the band themselves.

Scutter you really seem to have a stick up your ass over this for some reason and i really can't see why. the gig was organised in a couple of hours, so that is why there wasn't the full-scale advertising campaign you seem to so obviously expect. The whelans gig had nothing to do with tripod so you can excuse their not knowing about the other gig for a while. The choice of venue may not have been able to accomodate everyone with tickets to tripod but beggars can't be choosers. it's not animal collective's fault you only have the internet in work or friends who didn't find out and tell you. i think i may have covered most of your feeble arguments there, but if i haven't, please point them out.

i meant i can see why people are upset at missing the gig, but can't see why they are so pissed of at the band themselves.

Scutter you really seem to have a stick up your ass over this for some reason and i really can't see why. the gig was organised in a couple of hours, so that is why there wasn't the full-scale advertising campaign you seem to so obviously expect. The whelans gig had nothing to do with tripod so you can excuse their not knowing about the other gig for a while. The choice of venue may not have been able to accomodate everyone with tickets to tripod but beggars can't be choosers. it's not animal collective's fault you only have the internet in work or friends who didn't find out and tell you. i think i may have covered most of your feeble arguments there, but if i haven't, please point them out.

thanks dude. I've root-caused my problem. Its my friends. Thanks for the other suggestions though. Very comprehensive list.

Jesus I just wandered up to go to the gig and saw a sign telling me to go to whelans and then went around there and saw animal collective. I guess I was lucky

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back