Upcoming Gigs of Interest (1 Viewer)

rettucs

Supporter
Threads
Post of the week winner: 22nd March, 2013
Eeels are doing Iveagh Gardens this summer. I've always liked them but I've never seen them so @Scientician 0.8 and I might go on a man-date
they have new stuff out too, right? Thought I heard a song this morning and it sounded good.

Saw them a couple of times. They played oxegen in around 2007 and played their own gig the night before in the old TBMC. Was at both all I remember about them, other than that I enjoyed them a lot, is that they had a massive security guard on stage at all times. Was never fully sure if he was a real security guard or just a prop. He did partake in the show a couple of times, so probably the latter.

Either way, I doubt they ever play a 'normal' gig.

hugh

Supporter
Contributor
Since 2000
Threads
Broken Social Scene in the Tivoli on May 28th. I'm not a fan so it's no business of mine but surely that place is way too small for them? They're really popular, right?

rettucs

Supporter
Threads
Post of the week winner: 22nd March, 2013
Broken Social Scene in the Tivoli on May 28th. I'm not a fan so it's no business of mine but surely that place is way too small for them? They're really popular, right?
will be interesting to see, alright. It must be 10 years since they were at their peak and they've released little enough in the meantime. I wonder if the crowd that latched onto them back then are still bothered.

I caught them at EP last year. They'd a big enough crowd go see them. I haven't been at a gig in the Tivoli so don't have a decent idea of the size of the place. If it's that small then yeah, it's a strange choice of venue.

IFF

Supporter
Threads
Damn, I have father John misty ticket for the same night.

Has it just been since November/December that Tivoli has done gigs regularly?

travispickle

Supporter
Threads
ADHD in The Grand Social tomorrow night - Icelandic jazz/post-rock style stuff
I'm going to head along to this, could be worth a look

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads