unappreciated puns (1 Viewer)

Chad

Website
www.myspace.com
was at work today (which is a record store, kinda important to the 'story'). someone had ordered the best of Cilla Black a few weeks ago and we were struggling to get it in much to the chargin of the customer who placed the order. until today when inside one of the boxes I spotted old Cilla herself peering out from the CD box...

suddenly i turn around and shout to my workmates "surprise surprise Cilla's CD came in!" all 3 of them looked at me with the disdain you usually find with robert kilroy silk looking at an asylum seeker. i personally thought the pun was countdown worthy at the least.

ah well, luckily i am the boss so those guys were scrubbing windows for the rest of the day!

anybody else a fan of punning in general?

yeah. do like a good pun. does des lynam carry on the whole pun thing on countdown to the same extent whiteley used? hopefully not. doesn't really have a tv-pun head does he?

"surprise, surprise" - 6/10

We were walking down to the point last night and past the Sean O' Casey bridge. I commented that the bridge had won an award, to which my bemused friend smartly replied

"What, like best actor?",
unperturbed by his cynicism and ignorance at which point i said
"NO, but surely it would be best supporting actor anyway!" , needless to say, i had the last laugh (but he did laugh too,it was fucking hilarious)

"What, like best actor?",
unperturbed by his cynicism and ignorance at which point i said
"NO, but surely it would be best supporting actor anyway!" , needless to say, i had the last laugh (but he did laugh too,it was fucking hilarious)

Thats nothing. I was once in a butchers with wheels and the butcher was telling us about his award winning sausages. "Best sausage in a supporting roll..." wheels muttered.

I'm not friends with him anymore.

yeah, you cant beat the tabloids for the puns. saw a good one over the weekend in some paper. not sure exactly what it was but it went something like this,

"TOM AND KATIE SWEAR - SCI DO."

now

yeah, you cant beat the tabloids for the puns. saw a good one over the weekend in some paper. not sure exactly what it was but it went something like this,

"TOM AND KATIE SWEAR - SCI DO."

now thats how you use a pun

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back