unappreciated puns (1 Viewer)

Chad

Website
www.myspace.com
was at work today (which is a record store, kinda important to the 'story'). someone had ordered the best of Cilla Black a few weeks ago and we were struggling to get it in much to the chargin of the customer who placed the order. until today when inside one of the boxes I spotted old Cilla herself peering out from the CD box...

suddenly i turn around and shout to my workmates "surprise surprise Cilla's CD came in!" all 3 of them looked at me with the disdain you usually find with robert kilroy silk looking at an asylum seeker. i personally thought the pun was countdown worthy at the least.

ah well, luckily i am the boss so those guys were scrubbing windows for the rest of the day!

anybody else a fan of punning in general?

yeah. do like a good pun. does des lynam carry on the whole pun thing on countdown to the same extent whiteley used? hopefully not. doesn't really have a tv-pun head does he?

"surprise, surprise" - 6/10

We were walking down to the point last night and past the Sean O' Casey bridge. I commented that the bridge had won an award, to which my bemused friend smartly replied

"What, like best actor?",
unperturbed by his cynicism and ignorance at which point i said
"NO, but surely it would be best supporting actor anyway!" , needless to say, i had the last laugh (but he did laugh too,it was fucking hilarious)

"What, like best actor?",
unperturbed by his cynicism and ignorance at which point i said
"NO, but surely it would be best supporting actor anyway!" , needless to say, i had the last laugh (but he did laugh too,it was fucking hilarious)

Thats nothing. I was once in a butchers with wheels and the butcher was telling us about his award winning sausages. "Best sausage in a supporting roll..." wheels muttered.

I'm not friends with him anymore.

yeah, you cant beat the tabloids for the puns. saw a good one over the weekend in some paper. not sure exactly what it was but it went something like this,

"TOM AND KATIE SWEAR - SCI DO."

now

yeah, you cant beat the tabloids for the puns. saw a good one over the weekend in some paper. not sure exactly what it was but it went something like this,

"TOM AND KATIE SWEAR - SCI DO."

now thats how you use a pun

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back