Unable to Log in (1 Viewer)

Danny_Mc

Happy New Year to y'all.....

I wonder if any of you can help me...

I am unable to log in to my user account (admin) for some reason. My brother has been using my Mac for the past week from an account that I have set up for him. I can log into that one, plus another two "guest" ones no problem.

I tried changing my password from one of these account but it didn't help matters...

When I enter the password on my own account, the screen goes blank for a few seconds then the log in screen pop back up!

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

That seems a bit odd. The only time that's happened to me was when I had the password wrong. It would almost shake the log-in box. I just restarted and tried again. Not much help, sorry.

The password is correct, I even went in to a guest account and changed it, just to see if that night work.

The screen looks as if it's about to go into my account but then the log in screen appears again!

I recall fixing something like for someone years ago that was running 10.3. I just upgraded the OS. Do some googling on corrupt startup/login files, sounds like something is askew there. It's never any harm to run a permission fix on the entire HD aswell.

I spoke to an Apple service person this morning. She had never heard of this particular problem, but recommended upgrading the OS to Snow Leopard and changing the password as I do that....

I guess this is going to cost me eh?

Im not too familiar with macs but was under the impression they where UNIX based. Is there a way of going to a command based screen at bootup? And if so maybe the same commands that are used in linux could work???

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back