Tyrant (1 Viewer)

Corm

Website
www.myspace.com
I just saw that this band are gonna play here in November with Gorgoroth & Entombed. Whatever the merits of those two (though I've heard the new Entombed is quite good? Anybody?), I received the Tyrant album (Reclaim the Flame) for review two weeks ago and it's gotten at least one listen nearly every day since then -fuckin great raw pure black metal, Bathory/Venom style, almost warmetal style with some of the shit they're mixing in there. There's definitely a "the Tragedy of BM" dangerousness to it but fuck, it's great songs. Check it out if you like your BM down & dirty: http://www.myspace.com/officialtyrant

cover_art.jpg

I'm well aware of what pre- Darkthrone Black metal sounds like, and while they sound like it in places (NME keep coming to mind), they still sound kinda mediocre. Ain't nothing "dangerous" about them.

not a huge fan of D666 either.They have their moments.I guess i'd rather just listen to old generic thrash i grew up with than new bands trying to recreate it. Gospel of THe Horns liekwise (though I remember hearing their demo when it came out and loving it..the albums have left me cold)

Corm, check out Warmarch.Now.

Kills me to admit it, but one of the best raw BM bands I've heard in years is ANCESTORS, MArk McCoy's band.Like a harsher, more violent Bone Awl/Ildjarn.Amazing.

not a huge fan of D666 either.They have their moments.I guess i'd rather just listen to old generic thrash i grew up with than new bands trying to recreate it. Gospel of THe Horns liekwise (though I remember hearing their demo when it came out and loving it..the albums have left me cold)

Corm, check out Warmarch.Now.

Kills me to admit it, but one of the best raw BM bands I've heard in years is ANCESTORS, MArk McCoy's band.Like a harsher, more violent Bone Awl/Ildjarn.Amazing.

I fuckin love the Destroyer 666 & Gospel of the Horns stuff actually...did you listen to the new Arkhon Infaustus album? Fuckin great. If you've not heard The Howling Wind then give 'em a listen, a bit of a throwback to Celtic Frost basics mixed with post-Darkthrone intensity, ex-Thralldom. I'll check out Warmarch...

yeah Howling Wind/Drifting Collision/Whatever Ryan's calling it this week is really good, looking forward to the album..Arkhon..meehhh..no,I've not heard the new one.Previous stuff wasn't great so I've not bothered with this at all.
In temrs of thrashy blackness, Lightening Swords of Death are worth a listen too actually. Sepulchral Aura and Ignivomous are pretty much the two big ones for me metalwise lately though..two of the best demos I've heard probably since the good old 90's tape trading days.Can't reccomend them enough.

ZT hitting you up with the oul promos then I take it?

Here, are people going to Mayhem in TBMC or what?

Don't think I'm arsed with Mayhem, heard awful reports from this tour. Yeah, hahah, though the only BM I've been sent recently is that Tyrant album & a rerelease of two Frost albums on the one CD, otherwise it's mostly stoner, doom and other assorted nastiness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back