tycho brahe name change? (4 Viewers)

d.o.b

Website
Visit site
it says on yer site that you're changing yer name to tychonaut. come out here n spill your beans donal. a joke, no? if no howfore when and why?

d.o.b said:
it says on yer site that you're changing yer name to tychonaut. come out here n spill your beans donal. a joke, no? if no howfore when and why?
'Tis true apparently. Something to do with thick people who have trouble with pronunciation. Expect 'not to be confused with Pyschonaut' to be a popular hack line.

Wheels said:
'Tis true apparently. Something to do with thick people who have trouble with pronunciation. Expect 'not to be confused with Pyschonaut' to be a po
pular hack line.
oops i didn't see their answer to my question on their site til just now!

from their site...

Q: Why the change ?
A: We like the new one more!

Q: What do you call a Chinese space man?
A: A Tychonaut (well kind of - they spell it taikonaut ! )

So we are now called TYCHONAUT

well how do you pronounce it? you're either called after the astonomer (pronounced tico bra hay) or the observatory in copenhagen (pronounced tico bra hay)i don't see what the problem is?

ostrichsyndrome said:
well how do you pronounce it? you're either called after the astonomer (pronounced tico bra hay) or the observatory in copenhagen (pronounced tico bra hay)i don't see what the problem is?
me niether to be honest but then again we're not thickos.

Donal said:
how so...
it's not at all... :) i think yiz are bokers actually! i can imagine the conversation you had when you agreed on the new name, especially D, and it makes me laugh.

dude, you need to update your signature!!! tycho wha???

I always get a little :confused: about these sorta things

Deputy Fuzzz going to Life After Modelling

Thick O Bra to Thick O Knot

eh... other ones too

I mean you've two albums out, you've got pretty considerable press coverage, maybe it's the designer/marketting bod in me speaking, but in such terms it seems like an odd time to "re-brand"

I thought the good thing about the name The Tycho Brahe is that it didn't just slip off the tounge and when anyone heard it for te first time it's prononciation was an issue therefore occupying more "chat time". Not like a lot of bands "what was the name of that band that played that time?" "no idea, something-tron or something-naut" "yea"

hag said:
it's not at all... :) i think yiz are bokers actually! i can imagine the conversation you had when you agreed on the new name, especially D, and it makes me laugh.

dude, you need to update your signature!!! tycho wha???
will update the sig when new site is up. and you a soooo right about the coversation :cool: . Happened at the piss-up/party to celebrate the deal.

It’s only a name. We prefer the new one - http://www.tychonaut.com

Here is the real news surely - Licensing for both ‘This is’ and ‘Love Life’ in:

UK, Germany, Holland, Switzerland, Austria, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Belgium, Luxemburg initially and then pretty much all of Europe by the time Love Life released. A fully funded licensing deal, not a distribution deal.

‘This is’ will be released in UK in sept then in the others soon after followed later in the year by ‘Love Life’ - again staggered throughout Europe a few weeks after.

Name changed-over by the time we appear at Oxygen Sunday Ticket stage (oh the irony! Yawn…) and the campsite stage on Friday night

Donal said:
Here is the real news surely - Licensing for both ‘This is’ and ‘Love Life’

oh, well I suppose it is a good time for a "re-brand"

Donal said:
Name changed-over by the time we appear at Oxygen Sunday Ticket stage (oh the irony! Yawn…) and the campsite stage on Friday night

So I should bring me Tycho Brahe CDs to a bank and have them converted to Tychonaut CDs by midnight on the saturday? right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back