TV ON THE RADIO, CUT COPY & more join HEINEKEN GREEN SYNERGY. Nov. 12th - 16th (1 Viewer)

miguel_myriad

** Tickets on sale this Friday @ 9am **

TV ON THE RADIO

CUT COPY

FUTURE OF THE LEFT

DAN LESAC vs SCROOBIUS PIP, 808 STATE (Live), FLORENCE AND THE MACHINE, DJ YODA
ROB DABANK, THE CUBAN BROTHERS, MERCY ARMS, SOMBRERO SOUNDSYSTEM, MERCY ARMS

join

HERBIE HANCOCK

CLINIC &
JAY REATARD

@

HEINEKEN GREEN SYNERGY:

VILLAGE QUARTER
Tripod, Village, Whelans, Anseo, Solas and Shine
(Wed Nov. 12th – Sun Nov. 16th)

The second batch of hot acts have been announced as the countdown continues to the eagerly anticipated third installment of the Heineken Green Synergy Festival this November.

Among those joining the musical fray are the sensational TV ON THE RADIO who are already getting murmurs of 'Album of the Year' for their forthcoming release 'Dear Science'. The New York indie outfit headline Tripod on Saturday November 15th.

Australian electro-popsters CUT COPY hit the Village on Saturday November 15th bringing their sensational sophomore album 'In Ghost Colours' to town. They will be joined by the captivating rock quartet MERCY ARMS.

The brainchild of DJ Rob DaBank and now an annual Isle of Wight festival, BESTIVAL REUNION brings an eclectic selection from their recent sold out festival to Tripod on Friday November 14th.

808 STATE (live), DAN LESAC vs SCROOBIUS PIP, FLORENCE AND THE MACHINE, DJ YODA, ROB DABANK, THE CUBAN BROTHERS, SOMBRERO SOUNDSYSTEM all team up for a very special jam-packed night of music.

Alternative rock group FUTURE OF THE LEFT formed from the ashes of Mcclusky and Jarcrew and will make their Irish debut upstairs in Whelans on Friday November 14th.

Kicking off the festival is Jazz legend HERBIE HANCOCK makes his first Irish appearance in 13 years perform in Tripod on Wednesday November 12th. Hancock is one of the most influential and widely-sampled acts of all time. Only James Brown has been sampled more on modern hiphop, funk and dance hits.

Tickets for TV On the Radio, Cut Copy, Bestival Reunion and Future of the Left are on sale this Friday.

With more shows, free DJ sets and surprises in store over the coming weeks, Heineken Green Synergy is set to deliver the perfect music backdrop this winter.

NEW SHOW DETAILS – on sale this Friday @ 9am

TV ON THE RADIO / Tripod / Sat. Nov. 15th
/ €22.50 & €27.50

CUT COPY / Village / Sat. Nov. 15th / €22.50

BESTIVAL REUNION TOUR / Tripod / Fri. Nov. 14th / €25

FUTURE OF THE LEFT / Whelans Upstairs / Fri. Nov. 14th / €15

SHOWS ON SALE ALREADY

HERBIE HANCOCK / Tripod / Wed. Nov. 12th / €44.50 & €64.50

CLINIC / Village / Wed. Nov. 12th / €15

JAY REATARD / Whelans Upstairs / Sun. Nov. 16th / €14

Was only thinking the other day that it would be great to see them live. Some of the stuff on youtube looks/sounds amazing. Particularly the Letterman show stuff.

Ah class must throw an eye on it

They played TBMC a couple of years ago. Good gig but they could have done with being louder. Tunde doesn't half put himself about on stage though.

After seeing this man gracing/mincing about on the very same stage,I dont think it would put me off too much :D
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

They played TBMC a couple of years ago. Good gig but they could have done with being louder. Tunde doesn't half put himself about on stage though.

Worth going to see solely for Wolf Like Me or whatever the fuck that song is called. It was a good gig but I seem to remember feeling that it lacked something. I dunno what.

They played Budrising last time, now Heineken Green whatever this time.

Heard two songs from the new album and both sounded brilliant.

Thought they were great at TBMC last time, really looking forward to seeing them again.

Aye, Ive only heard awful things about that gig and they were all about the quality of sound. New album sounds daycent.
Weird, it sounded fine to me and that kinda thing would normally bother me. Saw them a couple of days after that show in London and the sound didn't seem any better or worse.

Of course, maybe it was shite in both venues...

http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/arts/entertainment-tvontheradio.html
September 19, 2008
TV on The Radio Explores Arty Side Of "Science"

By REUTERS
Filed at 8:44 p.m. ET
NEW YORK (Billboard) - For a band that makes such edgy, experimental music, TV on the Radio is almost quaint when it comes to its business strategy.
"We haven't put our music in ads so far, and we have a clause in our contract that states our songs won't be associated with cigarettes, alcohol brands or the military," singer Tunde Adebimpe says. "We don't want to see corporate banners at our shows, either. I want the live experience to remain unmarred."
The same uncompromising ethic runs through the songs on the band's latest record, "Dear Science," due September 23 via Interscope. Previously signed to Touch & Go, TV on the Radio debuted on the major label with 2006's "Return to Cookie Mountain," which has sold 189,000 copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan.
For TV on the Radio, hits are a long shot, and the members of the band are perfectly fine with that. "We write five-minute-long songs about global warming," producer/guitarist Dave Sitek says sardonically. "They don't exactly make a natural fit to be played over the credits of a reality show."
Many of the tracks from "Dear Science" fall on the artier end of the spectrum, with Sitek's orchestral production style popping up almost everywhere. Influences like David Bowie and Prince are proudly displayed; the album's sexually explicit closer, "Lover's Day," could easily be an outtake from a Prince album.
"I think Interscope are fully aware that this is a weird experiment," Adebimpe says. "We signed with them because they gave us an opportunity to reach more people. They have a big megaphone, if you will, and we wanted to use it to get our songs out there."
TV on the Radio is on the road through early October, including stops at the Treasure Island Festival in San Francisco and the Voodoo Experience in New Orleans on Halloween.
The road, the record and the recent cover of the New York Times' Sunday arts section won't be the only places to catch band members this fall. Adebimpe has a major role in the upcoming Jonathan Demme film, "Rachel Getting Married"; singer Kyp Malone performs his solo material on a regular basis; and Sitek is doing production work on the forthcoming Telepathe album.
"One of my favorite things about the band is that they are all seasoned, well-rounded artists," Interscope A&R executive Wood says. "They look at everything they do as an extension of their art."
Reuters/Billboard
Uncompromising ethic?
Since when did it become okay to list a couple of products you won't let your music be used in commercials for then make you 'uncomprising' and makes the entire experience 'unmarred'.
If you allow your songs to be used for commercials, you write jingles, so please fuck off with the high & mighty.

Jesus fuck.

I mean the album's ok and I like that opening track, but to pretend you're super special because you're not the army's new theme tune? How fucking radical of you, you dangerous, genre-slicing, deluded motherfuckers.
Asshole publicists.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back