TV/Movie's/Radio you've been on (3 Viewers)

the strange guy said:
How is that fence sitting? Computational theory and dynamic connectionism are very different. While dynamism can be modelled on a computer, it doesn't fit with a modular input/output computational theory.
Computational theory proposes that the brain receives inputs from the environment through perception. These individual tokens are represented as discrete symbolic entities in the brain. The symbols are then manipulated according to static rules in discrete time intervals which are then passed between individual mental modules. Once converted into 'outputs', they take the form of thoughts, behaviors, and actions.
The Dynamic Connectionist framework differs with its emphasis on temporal continuity, the dynamic coupling of mind, body, and environment, and an emphasis on connectionist computation void of intrinsic discrete representational entities.
Put simply, Computational theory believes that there is a never changing internal representation for 'tea', while dynamic connectionist theory believes that the concept of tea is represented through a distribution of neurons which is susceptible to change. The concept of tea is altered slightly every time you think about it through the process of activating neural connections.

PS Only if it's one of those no-strings-attached one night marriages :p
Ah I was only pulling your tail. I'm so 1999 when it comes to cognitive science.

PS You're on. You can read me bits of your thesis while we're riding.

Should I worry? Anyway, looks like the furries are right where they want to be: at the bottom of the heap.

http://img211.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img211&image=thegeekhierarchychart20fullver.gif
thegeekhierarchychart20fullver.gif

jane said:
Should I worry? Anyway, looks like the furries are right where they want to be: at the bottom of the heap.

...and They put a Furry Version of Themselves as the Star of the Story.

It disturbs me somewhat that I know that such characters are known as 'Mary Janes' within the genre. Its probably best if I don't reveal where, why and how I learnt this vital piece of information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back