Trigger Warning (4 Viewers)

12650865_10205112801334085_5121336924172941975_n.jpg

It's true really. These criticisms always existed, they just didn't appear in the media until a way of making money from them was found.

Ursula K Leguin said this recently (about writing) which rings true to me:

"Any advice or opinion from members of a dominant/majority race or ethnicity is subject to correction from the people their society marginalizes.

As a woman, I know that so long as society is mostly defined and controlled by men, male judgment on matters of gender equality must be subject to correction by women. So I know that the outgroup has a view of the situation that the ingroup simply can’t have. Even when the outgroup’s view is unfair and incomplete, a fair and complete view can’t be achieved without it."

JK Rowling strikes me as the kind of person who'd listen to the criticism and not go into a sulk about it, although apparently she hasn't addressed it yet.

Last edited:
I think we need to talk about Irish Jam tbh

Also,

i've been listening to this fella recently

Joyce's Ulysses

Every time he quotes from the book he does it in the most horrific stage irish accent. I fly into a rage every goddam time.

Last edited:
Better
Word "Trump" Written in Chalk Terrifies, Harms Emory Students
CeKWOBmWEAIzZLT.jpg

“I’m supposed to feel comfortable and safe [here],” one student said. “But this man is being supported by students on our campus and our administration shows that they, by their silence, support it as well … I don’t deserve to feel afraid at my school,” she added.

The world needs a war. Any group of madsers out there intent on starting one? Cos that would be handy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back