TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (2 Viewers)

Its funny. For that season and a half when he was at Man City, Stephen Ireland's work rate was second to none. He seemed to become disillusioned with the whole game after City let him go. Now he looks like he can't be arsed. Its a shame cause he has real talent.

Ozil probably chose Arsenal over Man United because of the German contingent. I wonder where he's going to play. The traditional number 10 position or on the wing drifting in. The attacking midfield is starting to look a bit crowded now.

No Fernando so it's McCarthy or nothing now. Advantage Wigan. God i hate this day of the season. It's like a sack of coal christmas.

Edit: The Italian lad is staying put too, so it's a case of hanging on to Baines for dear life now. McCarthy and Gibson will probably be our two holding midfielders in a 4-2-3-1 I wonder if Trap might have a look at it if it works ?

Daddy Dick and Charlie Adams work rates are piss poor.

Not under Hughes it wasn't.

McCarthy and Gibson will probably be our two holding midfielders in a 4-2-3-1 I wonder if Trap might have a look at it if it works ?
The idea of a working partnership in midfield is exciting for Ireland, but the first problem for Ireland is that dickhead Gibson, not Trap.

Shane Long is doing a medical at Hull, apparently.. Seems WBA are moving for Anichebe from Everton and Sessegnon from Sunderland and he may be surplus to requirements.

The idea of a working partnership in midfield is exciting for Ireland, but the first problem for Ireland is that dickhead Gibson, not Trap.

Ha I doubt that. How many players has Trap managed to ostracise over the years ? They're both dickheads, one's no worse than the other.

What the fuck, Lukaku is a rumour for us now ?

Holy shit miss a penalty for Jose and that's it you are out.

Ozil will definitely be the best signing of the window, surprised utd weren't in for him, he's exactly what they need whereas Arsenal have lots of creativity but lacking a bit of steel in the middle. You could say they need a cb or striker more. Still will be great to see a player like Ozil in PL, he'll give the edge back to Aresnal for CL spots.

So Fellani hands in a transfer request with only a few hours to go. What's the point in doing that ? United still have to meet our valuation so what was the point ? He's already getting the move and if it doesn't happen it'll be down to time running out rather than anything else. Am I missing something ?

McCarthy looks on, last minute.
Bid's been accepted, Lukaku on a seasons loan confirmed. All in all if Anechebe doesn't go (and I hope he doesn't ) it's been pretty interesting Transfer window Alcaraz, Deulofeu, Kone, McCarthy, Lukaku all in and at the moment Baines and Fellani staying til christmas at least.

Fucking Moyes though, Jesus christ it's always the same with him, every deadline day he dithers and cost Everton some decent players, he's not our manager anymore and still might have managed it. Fellani and his fucking transfer request. Which idiot agent told him to do that ? He should have kept that in his pocket til December.

What does Martinez do if he doesn't leave now ? Play him ? Punish him by not playing him ? Fuck sake he was getting the move either way. It's not like United don't have the fucking money.

Ha apparently he's signed Contreau ! what the fuck is he thinking ?

He's gone for £27.5 Mil, Anechebe gone for £6 mil so £33.5 in plus Gareth Barry and Lukaku on loan and McCarthy who was a below my estimate at £13 mil. So £20 mil to spend on a 20 goal a season striker in December then ? Maybe 4 David Villas perhaps?

Not holding my fucking breath.

Ah here, that was a decent day's work for Everton.

Mind you, having watched the last two United games, not entirely sure a Mourane is what they need. Which is great, obviously. Wankers.

What about the word that Spurs dithered on the Bale deal so that Arsenal couldn't nip in and get Ozil and Di MAria earlier? These are the lads that called CHelsea "vindictive."

Also, Chelsea shouldn't be allowed have players like Lukakau and Moses if they're going to loan them to other premier league teams. It's just hoarding, and bullshit.

Enjoyed the story about Kinnear letting Cabaye listen in to the Arsenal negotiations on speaker phone... "... seems to be a lot to ask for a reserve player"

Arsenal just have to make do with Ozil.

Nico Krancjar was still at Spurs??
Ah here, that was a decent day's work for Everton.

Mind you, having watched the last two United games, not entirely sure a Mourane is what they need. Which is great, obviously. Wankers.

What about the word that Spurs dithered on the Bale deal so that Arsenal couldn't nip in and get Ozil and Di MAria earlier? These are the lads that called CHelsea "vindictive."

Also, Chelsea shouldn't be allowed have players like Lukakau and Moses if they're going to loan them to other premier league teams. It's just hoarding, and bullshit.
McCarthy = good buy
Barry = goodbye

Couldn't agree more about Chelski.

I can't see what Gareth Barry brings with him. He's tidy enough but he has to be the slowest player in the PL and that's coming from a guy who actually defends Darron Gibson on a regular basis.

We need a left back and another centre half and that wasn't addressed we now have a surplus in midfield and 1 Left back. The issue at centre half is that once Jags or Distain get a knock it's Alcaraz, Heitinga or Duffy none of which (except Duffy who looks a prospect but lets face it centre halves don't really mature until they're 25) fill me with confidence. If Lukaku and Deulofeu do the business we have to spend the money to keep them. Loans are great but having watched Donovan and Fernandes leave at the end of their stays after massive impact it's a real disappointment.

Over all I'm satisfied, slightly optimistic that we might get a decent cup run but top 10 has to be the aim this season. Real football people understand the concept of transition.

Then there are United supporters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back