TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Also, Martinez has been whinging about the transfer window for weeks now as it can disrupt a side after the season is well under way, but he's left it till the last day to raid his old club. I don't like that chap at all.

In fairness to Martinez Everton have no money and you could always see McCarthy going there, I doubt that Owen Coyle was counting on having him available for much of the season. Was always going to be a domino type of deal if Baines and/or Fellaini happened.

It was only a year and a half ago that Spurs were getting Louis Saha from Everton. Times have changed.

Kaka to Milan. For Free. What did he cost again? 50 mil or something?

Everton and Wigan have agreed a McCarthy fee, apparently. 12.5. That's a real nice compromise, innit?

Everton and Wigan have agreed a McCarthy fee, apparently. 12.5. That's a real nice compromise, innit?

Just trying to think of the last Irish player to cost more than 10 million quid. Duffer to Chelsea? Actually the only other one I can think of is Robbie to Inter and then to Leeds....?

Just trying to think of the last Irish player to cost more than 10 million quid. Duffer to Chelsea? Actually the only other one I can think of is Robbie to Inter and then to Leeds....?
Robbie to Liverpool...20 mil, and back to Spurs twenty minutes later...15 mil. Aiden McGeady cost 12 or so, didn't he?

Di Maria being spoken about too. Canny ould Arsene. Maybe that's why Spurs were really holding out with Bale. To stop the arsenal.

Everton have gone fucking mad, we're bidding for about 5 players at once according to BBC.

If the Fellani deal falls through we might end up bankrupt.

Still mystified about our out goings. Anichebe could be on his way to West Brom. Meaning that our sharpest striker last season is gone. Why do we do this every year ? Why can't we get a goalscorer who consistantly scores fucking goals and keep him ?

Anyway Ozil is the maddest deal I've ever seen on deadline day. Real have clearly lost it.
Arsenal for the CL lads.

Edit : Great deal for Daddy Dick in the offing too. Back under Hughes's wing at Stoke. Stoke might actually play football if it happens. Adam and Ireland can actually pass it a bit to be fair to them.

2nd Edit : looks like Wigan might have scuppered McCarthy's trip back to the PL. We've been looking at Fernando from Porto and that deal seems to be a goer. Probably means McCarthy will have to wait.

Last edited:
It was only a year and a half ago that Spurs were getting Louis Saha from Everton. Times have changed.

For them maybe, for us it'a another classic case of striker comes in scores a few, then struggles for form then goes again after less then 3 seasons. I still don't understand why we sold Andy Johnson all thise years ago.

McCarthy is still on, no?
Daddy Dick back with Hughes indeed. Curtains for Glenn?

Nah, Whelan has statistically speaking been Stokes best player for the last few years.

No really I swear. He's been their best passer and ball winner.

Yeah I know, seriously.

Considering how well they press and get the ball if they use Adam and Ireland properly they could surprise a few people.

Yeah I know, But I am being serious.

I think it's McCarthy or Fernando. It might come down to price and work permits. We're looking at a centre half and a few left backs too, so if we get the £40 mil for Fellani and Baines we'll have to get a left back for under £10 mil, Fernando looks like £15 mil and then the Italian defender looks like running us another £10 at least it's an either or situation I'd imagine. If Wigan won't shift on the price it's in the hands of the English government to issue a work permit.

That said this is Everton, we've gone through this before and ended up losing players and replacing them with fuck all. I'd be surprised if we get replacements sorted for the lads on the way out to be honest.

Mata to PSG ? That's insane what is happening to football ? It's as though nippy little two footed geniuses have gone out of fashion over night.

Last edited:
Everton are digging the heels in over Baines. Seems they rate him higher than Fellaininiiniiniiiai.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back