Trainspotting (1 Viewer)

I thought I read somewhere that theres some problem with the width of the track and that your normal commuter train wouldn't fit on them.

I thought they'd used that line for the maynooth train when Drumcondra station got flooded a while back. I could be wrong. It's happened before

I thought they'd used that line for the maynooth train when Drumcondra station got flooded a while back. I could be wrong. It's happened before

I think that's just the split going the canal side of Croke Park where the Docklands train goes? It bypasses Drumcondra to go to either Docklands or Connolly; great for me because I get off at Drumcondra.

When you're heading west and you get to that rail crossroads, the one before Glasnevin Cemetery, the line that splits right is the Heuston-bound one.

the idea that proximity to public (fucking) transport is some kind of boon to a location in Dublin melts my head.

I think they might plan to use it at some point as a sort of commuter from Heuston to Connelly. Although Connelly station is very busy you have the dart and then you have the Belfast and Sligo lines running out of there so its possible there could be some sort of service from Heuston and would travel that line but end up or stop some where else in the Dockland area.

Last edited:
would it not make more sense to just link the whole show in regard to city lines. transferring between two stations to get from galway to the other spots is silly. does the luas not link the two already?

The luas is there already but still they might look into it. It would seem a round about way but with less or even no stops and no traffic it could be as fast as the luas the difference in distance wouldn't even be double.
I have no idea really what plans if any might be.
route.jpg

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The luas is there already but still they might look into it. It would seem a round about way but with less or even no stops and no traffic it could be as fast as the luas the difference in distance wouldn't even be double.
I have no idea really what plans if any might be.
View attachment 9293

whats yellow and what is blue there?

"Did you know our GNR(I) V Class express locomotive No.85 "Merlin" will paying a visit to Dublin for the first time in 10 years next Sunday? She's arriving in Connolly at 13:11 on a trip from Belfast and heading out again at 16:20. Keep an eye out, she's big, blue and hard to miss!" The Railway Preservation Society of Ireland

Last edited:
I have to get to Connolly in the morning.

2 hours 30 from galway to dublin

1 hour from heuston to connolly (so the website is saying).

I'm aware walking is this is the better option. Just thought it was worth pointing out as the reason they should just link them for the craic. Belfast has the same problem. 2 more miles of track and you'd have a line from Derry to Cork.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back