Tours Feb 07:BTP & Staathaat/Cathode (1 Viewer)

cesspooldublin

hey all

just a quick post to see if anyone might be interested in any of the following
Burning the Prospect are looking to come over Thrusday 7th - Saturday 9th February. Some of you might have seen them last time they were over with Army of Flying Robots in 2006, think Swedish inspired heavy hardcore, along the Skitsystem/Martyrdod/Muga type line of things..there may be another band with them but I'm waiting on confirmation of this first

Monday February 25- Wednesday 27th STAATHAAT and CATHODE (both from Holland) are looking to come over, which is gonna be absolutely savage. Staathaat feature members of Seein' Red/Orwell nation and play absolutely crushing gloomy hardcore that's somewhere between His Hero is Gone with slower heavier moments that are almost like Grief or something in places too, really pissed off political hardcore,their album is really good nasty stuff. Cathode have been off the radar for a couple of years so I was delighted to see they're coming with them - intelligent metallic hardcore that wouldn't be a hundred miles away from stuff like Catharsis, Gehenna, Acme etc..
now I know February is already a fairly hectic month for everyone, so i just wanted to check out if this is even viable.

Burning the Prospect are keen to come over this weekend in February BUT are actually willing to come later in the year if the month is too full already.
However the STAAHAAT/CATHODE tour will have to go ahead on these dates as it's part of a wider UK tour.Dublin will be Monday 25th and I'm looking for maybe Cork Tuesday and Belfast Wednesday..so Cork/Belfast lads check out the Staathaat song here: www.myspace.com/opiaterex.
I would ask that people interested in doing a show contact me by EMAIL and not on this board please - [email protected]

always better to actually email the prospective promoters instead of relying on the fact that they'll see a random post on a messageboard.

either way, i'm interested & happy you're putting these gigs on.

always better to actually email the prospective promoters instead of relying on the fact that they'll see a random post on a messageboard.

either way, i'm interested & happy you're putting these gigs on.

cheers damo. yeah, people are being mailed but I always make a point of mentioning things here as well to avoid the "i never knew that band were coming over,I wanted to put them on" type stuff.

cathode.|..|.|..|.|..| long way off i know, any chance my new band could play with em?

Staathaat and Cathode .|..|

Staathaat played my house last year, really nice people, so that coupled with Byrneos nod to Cathode ....

They are both great bands. The staathaat lp is down loadable from somewhere I got a while back, it's fucking gloomy and heavy as fuck.
They are funny fuckers too, when they toured in the states (as KRIEGSTANZ) one of them each day used to pretend they couldn't speak english and see how long they could keep it up.
pisstaking pricks.

Got that Cathode LP that came out 5 years ago or so, was quite good as far as I remember, though definitely seemed it would be better live.

Just listened to Staathaat, sounds well decent. This should be great. Who's the line-up for the gig?

once i get a venue it's them , Carosah and Drainland (work/college permitting)

and while I'm at it, Only Fumes and Corpses are playing the Dublin Burning the Prospect Date

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back