Tour de France 2007 thread (2 Viewers)

loads.Fix it straight away.
right.
if you break one spoke, you dont lose 1/36th of the strength of the wheel, the whole thing works together and tension each other. If you look at your wheel you will find loads of loose spokes taking up no strain, doing nothing.

You might want to drop the wheel in to get it done, its tricky enough doing that stuff.
And, if its a steel wheel, you might want to just bin it. I dunno, it can be very hard to pull them straight. See what your man in the shop says.

I suppose I was right about one thing this Tour... it was close.
That's pretty much the only positive thing going for it.
Weh weh wehhhh. I am more or less just glad its over, even though I still have a morbid fascination about what is going on behind the scenes.

Here, did anyone hear Stephen Roche there?
For. Fucks. Sake.
"eeeehhhhh howaywa, yeahh, Oi tink deh rioders shud really take responsibility for their own actions, in the eighties cycling was so much cleaner, I blame the rioders."

Aah right Stepho. I see. The riders are quietly transfusing blood by themselves, in the hotel jacks, on the sly, that they took and kept and spun down, bagged, and re-infused and ran Haemocrits to be just under the legal limit. By themselves. No help from the team there at all.
I see.
And... no, I would definitely things were much cleaner in the eighties. Definitley. When you were riding. 100% Clean.
Absolutely.
No questions there boss.
!bog

right.
if you break one spoke, you dont lose 1/36th of the strength of the wheel, the whole thing works together and tension each other. If you look at your wheel you will find loads of loose spokes taking up no strain, doing nothing.

You might want to drop the wheel in to get it done, its tricky enough doing that stuff.
And, if its a steel wheel, you might want to just bin it. I dunno, it can be very hard to pull them straight. See what your man in the shop says.
that's pretty much what i figured. it's not a cheap wheel, the bike cost IRL£1000 back at the euro changeover.

Mayo - positive for EPO on rest day.

the consequences financially for cycling will be huge - less sponsors, less TV. teams and races going the way of Zurich, Catalan Week and the Midi Libre.

the french and german teams have tried to combat doping ( and maybe CSC), the rest hardly pretend to care.
the best placed french rider in the end was Goubert 27th place, 66 minutes down and Fofonov the placed rider on a french squad in 26th. 13 Spanish and Basque riders finished ahead of them.
(remember 81 riders 52 minutes behind Landis in Morzine?)
Cofidis and Credit Agricole need new sponsors for 2009.
Vino, Rasmussen and Mayo being done wasn't a surprise. Cofidis and T-Mobile not being able to sort things out reflects worse in reality - what hope is there for the rest ?

there is a hardcore of old school people running a lot the teams and riders (3 of the guilty were 33 or 34)( who just don't seem to want to change and dodgy doctors behind them

Mayo - positive for EPO on rest day.

And you know what the sad thing is, i am still surprised. Iban Mayo? Seriously?

Am I 8 years old? Do I believe in Santa?

Fuck it.
Who's left now. Lets see.
At least Stephen got out and gave the riders a stern talking to.

And you know what the sad thing is, i am still surprised. Iban Mayo? Seriously?

Am I 8 years old? Do I believe in Santa?

Fuck it.
Who's left now. Lets see.
At least Stephen got out and gave the riders a stern talking to.

My guess is that Soler will be next. And they'll eventually pin that bag of blood labelled 'AC' on Contador. Either that or Andrea Corr is in the shit.

That will hurt Armstrong. He owned a bit chunk of that team.

Not really surprising. T Mobile... yeah. Whatever.
There is a clean team in the US now. Slipstream. They will get a Wild card into the Tour next year.

slipstream signed David Millar and Robert Zabriskie. So much for being a clean team, signing 'Mr.Clean', Millar.

robert zabriskie? is he a neo-pro? :D

it's actually interesting as both david zabriskie and david millar were interviewed together before the tour by procycling

al;so i see it is andrei kasheckin blood that they got mixed up with at astana

slipstream signed David Millar and Robert Zabriskie. So much for being a clean team, signing 'Mr.Clean', Millar.

Millar is clean now I am more or less certain. Same for Zabriskie. No, I think Slipstream is a clean team. I was talking to someone who sort of knows these things, he is as sure as he can be.

Vaughters (Slipstream manager) is a close friend and supporter of Landis, also so is Zabriske who has said he hopes that Landis is cleared in recent months.

similar situation to Riis who puts a large amount of his own money in to the CSC anti doping programme, then Jaksche says Riis knew he was doping.

in L'Equipe on October 13th last year (see 16th Oct. 2006 Cyclingnews.com for same story) has a transcript of a phone conversation between on the 26 th July 2005 Vaughters and Frankie Andreu.
Andreu and another unamed USP rider from the 1999 Tour team admitted taking EPO during the race.

VAUGHTERS: "when I was at Credit Agricole, all the teams were supposed to recieve 25 injections a day.... well at Credit Agricole there were zero!"
ANDREU: "you're saying that no rider recieved an injection? that's crazy..."
Vaughters: "that's when I realised Lance was really fooling us when he said everyone was doing as we did ..... believe me as crazy as it may seem, Moreau didn't take anything his haematocrit was 39."

he also talks about Landis telling him how blood was transported on motorbikes.
Vaughters confirmed he said this but that it was secondhand information.

Millar is clean now I am more or less certain. Same for Zabriskie. No, I think Slipstream is a clean team. I was talking to someone who sort of knows these things, he is as sure as he can be.

he may be, but I think his story when he was caught was a crock of shit. He said he carried around a syringe to remind him of the dark days when he once tried doping. Carrying a syringe around with you when training or to races? Seriously?

Since then I kind of take anything Millar says with a pinch of salt. Hes a likeable guy and I sincerely hope he is clean, but I just don't know anything for sure anymore.

http://www.tourofireland.ie/teams.html

I can't wait for this. Will be in Kilkenny next wednesday to see the start, and in Dublin the following sunday for the finish.

Check out some of the big names taking part, including them 2 Schleck lads. Must be a bit of a comedown for them. A second-place in the Giro and an Alpe d'Huez stage winner, riding our bockedy roads from Kilkenny to Cork and Beyond.

I see the finish is in Merrion Square. I hope to jaysus they do a job on the road surface down there before hand. I cycle by every day and its in shit.

Vaughters (Slipstream manager) is a close friend and supporter of Landis, also so is Zabriske who has said he hopes that Landis is cleared in recent months.

similar situation to Riis who puts a large amount of his own money in to the CSC anti doping programme, then Jaksche says Riis knew he was doping.

i recall reading on cyclingnews, Vaughters saying he would sign Landis. it was in an interview i think

I see the finish is in Merrion Square. I hope to jaysus they do a job on the road surface down there before hand. I cycle by every day and its in shit.

Two words : Paris Roubaix:
cycling-paris-roubaix-tr-54-thumb.jpg

Ah the lads will love it. Stages two and four are amazing looking.

went to Tour of Ireland in Kilkenny and Ennis . relaxed atmosphere at start lots of kids getting Stephen Roche's and the Schleck's autographs etc. and Eric Vanderaeden cycling around in a green jersey.
I didn't know David Duffield would be there, so that was a bonus as he's a legend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back