Tour de France 2007 thread (6 Viewers)

dunno. He's a prick but he's some competitor. Some going to be able to still be taking stages at this age of his life.

I was warming to him briefly, then Vinikourov ran in when he was being interviewed. Fucking filthy team Astana.

Right. I never liked him. But now, I kinda do. Whatever about it, it does take some fucking doggedness to get a stage win at 39.

Sir Cav did a brilliant sprint weaving through and following the wheels mostly without team mates.
Not a fan but that was his best win for long years.
Cavendish won't stay dead will he?
Retired last year, didn't win a race for three years before 2021, then only got selected for 2021 Tour cause Sam and Jakobsen were injured then Ewen crashed in first sprint finish and then there were no top sprinters left (Gronewegen (sic) was also banned for Jakobsen accident).

Tim Merlier and Jonathan Milan are better than any sprinters at the Tour. Expect Philipsen to come good though.

ITV 4 Tour stage 5 highlights just beginning now.

Sam is so far off the pace at the moment. I had higher hopes for him for a stage this tour but he's not in the mix at all.

25th place in as clear-cut a sprint finish you'll ever see in a stage.

Disappointing.
Today Sam lost his lead out man completely and didn't bother starting his sprint.
The day Girmay won Sam got a great lead out and finished 9th was it?

Today Sam lost his lead out man completely and didn't bother starting his sprint.
The day Girmay won Sam got a great lead out and finished 9th was it?
he got boxed in that day and didn't sprint all the way to the line.

so he has a 9th, 15th and 25th on the 3 sprint stages so far.

one win could change everything of course. Still 5 stages left for the sprinters.

yesterday was such a shit stage. no significant breakaway all day. It looked like lads out training, until the last 20km.

he got boxed in that day and didn't sprint all the way to the line.

so he has a 9th, 15th and 25th on the 3 sprint stages so far.

one win could change everything of course. Still 5 stages left for the sprinters.

yesterday was such a shit stage. no significant breakaway all day. It looked like lads out training, until the last 20km.
Only interesting moment was the echelon which caught out all 7 of Pogacar's of team mates but no one else important and after about 12 minutes they just eased off and the peloton regrouped.
Cavendish had a mechanical just as the brief moment of chaos started and a commissar was telling a panic stricken Cav off when he had close 90+ second gap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back