Tour de France 2007 thread (3 Viewers)

They caught Vino doing a transfusion after the TT.

They must be getting better at those tests, because transfusions at least used to be more or less daily events for riders during the tour, and no one really got caught other than [SIZE=-1]Tyler Hamilton.

Yup.
[/SIZE]

the stupid fucker transfused someone else's blood.

fuckin kazahk cheatin bastard

Vinokourov has insisted he has done nothing wrong, telling French sports newspaper L'Equipe: "It's a mistake. I never doped, that's not the way I see my profession.
"I think it's a mistake in part due to my crash. I have spoken to the team doctors who had a hypothesis that there was an enormous amount of blood in my thighs, which could have led to my positive test."
Vinokourov also claimed he and his team have been victimised: "It's been going on for months and today they're managing to demolish me. "The setting-up of our team made a lot of people jealous and now we're paying the price. It's a shame to leave the Tour this way, but I don't want to waste time in proving my innocence."

At least he still has a sense of humour about it

"I heard that I made a transfusion with my father's blood. That's absurd, I can tell you that with his blood, I would have tested positive for vodka.

1255: More doping news, unfortunately. According to French newspaper L'Equipe, another rider has failed a doping test, this time for testosterone. L'Equipe quoted a senior French doping official who said that he did not know the identity of the rider, and spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorised to discuss the case with reporters.

Hopefully its rasmussen!

There has been a small explosion on part of the Spanish route after a telephone bomb threat from a caller claiming to represent Basque separatist rebels ETA.
Fucks sake!

the stupid fucker transfused someone else's blood.

fuckin kazahk cheatin bastard

they are fucking eejits with that. They write stuff on the bags, like the name of your dog, or your initials.

Eeeeeem, how about having a rider remember a PIN number that he checks on his bag before he gets the transfusion?

That's what gets me, they are fucking sloppy. It really must be basically inconceivable to get caught.
I was thinking about it there... I suppose they pretty much need to have a camera on them 24 hours a day during the tour to prevent, or minimize doping during the tour.
Outside of that... yeah, one gets caught, whole team, from DS to doc all get suspended.

Outside of that... yeah, one gets caught, whole team, from DS to doc all get suspended.

yeah, I wondered about that. Like why weren't T-Mobile kicked out when Sinkewitz tested positive. I know his positive test was from before the tour, but still.....

If Sastre were to win it'd be deadly. Firstly he seems sound. Very unassuming. Secondly, he was my tip from the start.

Go on CARLOS!!!!!!

yeah, I wondered about that. Like why weren't T-Mobile kicked out when Sinkewitz tested positive. I know his positive test was from before the tour, but still.....

they dont do it, because they know that their mates are the ones that will take the hit.
And in a few years, when the next gen comes through, again half will be admin, and half will be director sportifs, and again its their mates that will take the hit.

Putting it more simply, they dont care about doping enough to really try to stop it, only to make a few scarecrows out of the occasional rider and hope fear will do the trick.

i'm watching a live eurosport feed of it here: sop://broker.sopcast.com:3912/22508

if anyone needs it.

must have sopcast.

Rasmussen is not losing anything by the looks of things.
No fucking chance.

has to be a reason why they delayed that announcement about the failed drugs test. They wouldn't do it mid-stage if it was fuckhead Rasmussen, in case someone attacked him (no harm maybe). There could be a couple more twists and turns in this yet.

why the hell did leipheimer finish ahead of contador and deprive him of the time bonus?

pic2.jpg

I still love cycling though... look at that, forget the fucking drugs for a second.

Epic.

yeah saw that, its fucking nuts. So is that 3 teams out of the tour ? Is this the last year of this shite ? I though that the whole landis/basso might has gone some way to resolving this but it seems it hasnt. The only hope is that the younger riders are coming through the sport clean and the rest are slowly being found out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back