Tour de France 2007 thread (2 Viewers)

this is great. Being with that team I presume he's with the McQuaid, Trinity cycling stable, as per Eddie Dunbar. Rafferty will be with EF/Sky in no time.
Rafferty is actually w/ the Americans Hagen Berman Axion (sic). Yeah, I know Livestrong sponsored them years ago.

Trinity were the at the Giro and pretty prominent. They won a stage after they gave their sprinter a great lead out.

A lot the pro teams have big time development teams e.g. Jumbo Vima, Quickstep, FDJ, Lotto etc.

The race was better organized than some full pro races apart from some cars parked on road side.
The podium was almost like the Giro.

Josie Been did the commentary in an
hour slot of highlights.

No Sam Bennett for the TdeF.

what a pile of shit. Why did Bora even bother to ask him back if they had no intention of sending him to the tour? I know his form is a bit sketchy, but he'd deffo be good for at least 1 stage.
Sam won his first race this year in San Juan and nothing since.
So this was sort of expected.
Losing that Dauphine stage to Laporte
was his last chance gone.
(And getting DQed for going so side ways. Extremely out of character. Never saw Sam do anything like this before).

Philipsen, Merlier are the best sprinters I've seen this year followed by Jakobsen.
they have about 6 wins each.

Ewen is having a tough year and Demare is left out of FDJ team and is leaving them.

Actually are Quickstep even going to bring a sprinter??
And even if they do, only one of Merlier or Jakobsen can go.

Rafferty is actually w/ the Americans Hagen Berman Axion (sic). Yeah, I know Livestrong sponsored them years ago.

Trinity were the at the Giro and pretty prominent. They won a stage after they gave their sprinter a great lead out.

A lot the pro teams have big time development teams e.g. Jumbo Vima, Quickstep, FDJ, Lotto etc.

The race was better organized than some full pro races apart from some cars parked on road side.
The podium was almost like the Giro.

Josie Been did the commentary in an
hour slot of highlights.
I meant Trinity management, but same crowd. Basically, Andrew McQuaid is his manager. I don't know that he is, but it sounds like the same path is being charted for him as was for Dunbar.

Dangerous torrential rain at Giro Donne opening TT now - really awful.
They have had to pause riders starting the TT for a second(?) time.
And the TV pictures went down at start of broadcast at 1 pm.
They are just showing replays of riders like Vos and Van Vleuten who went out earlier.

Don't give too much a shit about the Tour at moment, especially considering current conflict in France.

Retired Parisien Kevin Reza is the only European black rider that I know of to get to this level.
The Tour is an arch establishment event very dependent on police support. Never goes near the places where there are housing projects.
And that's just the tip of the problems.

There's still water flowing down the streets at women's Giro.

Actually it has now been CANCELLED.

Vos, Van Vleuten, Cavalli, Uttrup-Ludwig, Dygert etc. went out.
Paternoster had the best time over 4.4 km edging out Vos and Van Vleuten by hundredths.
Pity for her.

The Ras na mBan route was released today too. No Mount Leinster this year. Its too risky at that time of year. Instead they are having a stage to Tramore, and an undulating stage around south Kilkenny. They will still have the crit at Kilkenny castle to finish out, which is one of the best backdrops to a crit race that I've ever seen.

The Ras na mBan route was released today too. No Mount Leinster this year. Its too risky at that time of year. Instead they are having a stage to Tramore, and an undulating stage around south Kilkenny. They will still have the crit at Kilkenny castle to finish out, which is one of the best backdrops to a crit race that I've ever seen.
Mount Leinster tends to be VERY windy (and wet) - yeah? I see Ras na mBan is on in September. Used to be on in late August??
Hey that reminds me...
FOUND IT!
I recorded RnmB 2022 and never watched it. So will do NOW

Mount Leinster tends to be VERY windy (and wet) - yeah? I see Ras na mBan is on in September. Used to be on in late August??
Hey that reminds me...
FOUND IT!
I recorded RnmB 2022 and never watched it. So will do NOW
yes I see. Ras na mBan 2022 was raining every day and the weather was really crap for early autumn - seems to happen every year. the mountain stage went up the Slieve Blooms instead of Mount Leinster.
Lara Gillespie won the opening stage.

anyhow enjoy this years edition if yer in Kilkenny.

yes I see. Ras na mBan 2022 was raining every day and the weather was really crap for early autumn - seems to happen every year. the mountain stage went up the Slieve Blooms instead of Mount Leinster.
Lara Gillespie won the opening stage.

anyhow enjoy this years edition if yer in Kilkenny.
the rain let up for the crit. It was gas. They had the TT in the morning and assembled in James Stephens clubhouse after. We all gathered for the marshalls briefing, but were sent home for an hour as the rain was to blow over. And it did.

Looking forward to it this year. I'll be in Kilkenny for the whole lot but probably won't get to every stage. I'll try and be at the evening ones and will marshall again for the city stuff.

Andres Oliva (1948 - 5 July 2023)
Mountains jersey winner at the Vuelta in 1975, 76 and 78 and Giro mountains jersey winner in 1975 and 76.
Olivia rode for Kas in the mid 70s then Teka before ending his career w/ Kelme in 1980 their debut season.
Andrés Oliva

The sprint finish in Bordeaux shows how silly the sprinting deviation rules are.
A rider went to the left barrier behind his lead out and impeded someone. Then he reacted to someone on his right and moved across the road and nearly caused a crash on right barrier.
But no suggestion of DQ.

Yet Philipsen had to wait about 20 minutes to have his victory confirmed a few stages ago when he had no case to answer.

Eurosport had 30 min doc on just now -
Les Reines des Tour (season 2, episode 3)
about FDJ women at the Tour des Pyrenees w/ Cecilie U-L, Marta Cavalli, Grace Brown, Evita Muzic etc.

The first stage finish won by Moolman- Pasio was really dangerous.
Cecilie was leading and next thing there was a car on course going same direction and then a car nearly came out a side road, someone nearly walked out in front of the race.

The next day on the stage to Hautacam the race stopped during the stage in protest as cars on course were still a problem.
Cecilie was very involved in organising this.
Cavalli won the Hautacam stage - her first win since her terrible crash in the Tour de France.
As I mentioned previously when it happened, the riders collectively decided not to ride the final stage after complaining for a third day about safety.
Ashleigh Moolman-Pasio, who was leading, had floated the idea of riding a neutralised stage in protest but the decision was unanimous.
The riders came out to the start area in Pau to explain the situation and meet fans.

After that FDJ and other teams stayed in the Pyrenees to do some recon inc.
The Tourmalet. FDJ have quite an impressive set up.

Anyway interesting to see what happened as I only saw very brief highlights of the race before.

Where can I get TdF highlights online?

Is there a dedicated Youtube channel or something?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Stage 6 - yesterday's highlights but only 6 minutes.
Today's stage 7 should be up shortly.
If you look around on YouTube there is lots of footage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back