Tour de France 2007 thread (4 Viewers)

S Bennett is ahead of Cav on that tracker, fair play to him.

What's the actual rule for the riders being out of time anyway? I can never remember it.
you mean, how do they calculate it?

its a percentage of the winning time, but that percentage differs depending on certain factors (ie: whether some big name got chopped and they want to keep them in the race).

S Bennett is ahead of Cav on that tracker, fair play to him.

What's the actual rule for the riders being out of time anyway? I can never remember it.
G Bennett surely

This guy

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

best interview ever. Imagine he ended up having to apologise to that toxic wanker Froome after this.

the race looks well done and dusted now. apart from the novelty of the days when it was non stop attacking and a few nice breakaway wins it's been a bit boring.
only 144 riders left now - by far the least since the 2000's.

R.I.P. a Basque rider I never heard of Antonio Barrutia (13 June 1933 - 13 July 2021)
It seems he was a very handy sprinter and he won 7 Vuelta stages, some familiar stage races and some events that lasted into the 2000's.

The first couple of stages were great, but unfortunately the crashes pretty much took out a lot of riders that might have made the race interesting, and instead it's just a procession for Pogacar now.
In saying that though I doubt anyone would have had a chance to have a go at him anyway, except maybe Roglic.

Kudos to anyone whose still sticking with it. I half get the impression that even most of the riders don't give 2 fucks about it anymore, and are dropping out to focus on the olympics, or blaming injury. Roglic's team is down to 4 riders now, I think the least of any team left in it.

I watched the stage last saturday or sunday (the one the american lad won). That was the only stage I've seen really since the first week. I can't motivate myself to spend any time looking at it.

The best thing of all is how mad all the brits are at and obviously juiced off his head Pogacar, as if he's any different from their array of golden boys down the year.

On the double-Ventoux stage Bradley was going on about Tom Simpson and Barry Hoban, about how that generation rode only on bread and water. Eh, yea Bradley, and copious amounts of amphetamines. What happened Tom Simpson was a terrible tragedy, but anyone trying to whitewash history by denying that drugs played a part in his death, is a fucking clown. Bradley is a fucking clown.

One thing I'm far more enthused about is the performance of the women's track cyclists out in Russia last week. They came back with a hatful of medals. I'm not sure why more of them aren't going to the olympics - I guess we only qualified 2 solo riders - but its a real shame we won't have more riders out there.

Its also strange how much more successful our female track riders are, compared to our male track riders. Martin Irvine aside, it seems we have more top level ladies in the sport. Not sure if thats due to a deliberate effort by CI to develop women's track cycling. We do have very realistic medal prospects - Shannon McCurley and Emily Kay (Australian and British born, respectively), are as good as anything out there - but the brits and aussies will probably turn up juiced and ruin it for everyone.

a chap i know cycles with castleknock cycling club. he was saying there are often groans when orla wlash accompanies her dad to their spins. a 'there goes the chance of a nice easy cycle' sort of groan.
did you see the guardian article from a couple of years ago about how women are starting to take over in some ultra endurance events? as in win them outright?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back