Tour de France 2007 thread (4 Viewers)

Marc Soler (who also had to quit the Giro) broke both arms in the crash she caused and is considering legal action.
and she turned herself in apparently

also the women's La Course race on Saturday started at 7:50 am so few of the fans who showed up later in the day were there. this was really disrespectful and step backwards from from recent years.
the race itself was very similar to L-B-L with Anna VdB sacrificing her own chances for her team mate Demi Vollering to win a small group sprint (Uttrup-Ludwig 2nd, Vos 3rd)

Marc Soler (who also had to quit the Giro) broke both arms in the crash she caused and is considering legal action.
and she turned herself in apparently
It's probably not hard to argue the case, gross negligence leading to him seriously injured and not being able to do his job for the foreseeable future.

I'm kind of split over this one. Suing spectators that come out to see your sport (whose reputation is almost already fucked beyond redemption) might not be a good look.

But on the other hand, if you hang out a scarecrow it might (?) prevent other cunts from doing stupid shit and ruining races and potentially rider's careers.

A portion of the blame lies with the Tour organizers, ahead of the race there's a mass of vehicles advertising and handing out stuff. They could add public / race safety to that, but as far as I'm aware (?) they don't.

I'd guess this woman was at her first bike race and honestly didn't have a clue.

She's probably related to Geraint Thomas. He's decided if he's going to be crashing every 15 minutes, he needs to level the playing field by making other riders crash too.

It's probably not hard to argue the case, gross negligence leading to him seriously injured and not being able to do his job for the foreseeable future.

I'm kind of split over this one. Suing spectators that come out to see your sport (whose reputation is almost already fucked beyond redemption) might not be a good look.

But on the other hand, if you hang out a scarecrow it might (?) prevent other cunts from doing stupid shit and ruining races and potentially rider's careers.

A portion of the blame lies with the Tour organizers, ahead of the race there's a mass of vehicles advertising and handing out stuff. They could add public / race safety to that, but as far as I'm aware (?) they don't.

I'd guess this woman was at her first bike race and honestly didn't have a clue.
Yeah I agree. I doubt Soler will do anything but what a pity for him.
The bikeman on the side of the road who got hit by a few riders in the second big crash on stage 1 is unlikely to do anything either.

Cav won again! What a second rate set of sprinters are left in the race.
not much between at least 5 of them.
Guaneri (sic) the lead out man for Demare going down in last 2 km was Cav's latest piece of luck.

Bennett getting injured, Quickstep having the best lead out train, getting tailed off on stage 3 and thus avoiding the crash with Ewan and avoiding the other crashes...

Bennett, Ewan, Jakobsen and Gronewegen (sic) must thinking:
''If I was there I'd win 5 stages and green no problem''

Kittel might come out of retirement at this rate.

EDIT:
I must have seen about 30 races since the 2000's where Geraint Thomas crashed and amazingly I reckon only two crashes were his fault:
- one where he crashed in a Dauphine prologue about 3 years ago
- and a race earlier this year (Romandie??) where brought down a few riders instead of vice versa.

Last edited:
Cav won again! What a second rate set of sprinters are left in the race.
not much between at least 5 of them.
Guaneri (sic) the lead out man for Demare going down in last 2 km was Cav's latest piece of luck.

Bennett getting injured, Quickstep having the best lead out train, getting tailed off on stage 3 and thus avoiding the crash with Ewan and avoiding the other crashes...

Bennett, Ewan, Jakobsen and Gronewegen (sic) must thinking:
''If I was there I'd win 5 stages and green no problem''

Kittel might come out of retirement at this rate.

EDIT:
I must have seen about 30 races since the 2000's where Geraint Thomas crashed and amazingly I reckon only two crashes were his fault:
- one where he crashed in a Dauphine prologue about 3 years ago
- and a race earlier this year (Romandie??) where brought down a few riders instead of vice versa.
Fuckin Cippolini must want to come out of retirement for that shit

Christ.

The Brits are going to be at it again, aren't they?

It was unfortunate the way he deviated off his line straight across the wheel of yer man in second. No need to let stupid rules interfere with a good story though right?
Cavendish has a history of dangerous sprinting but time and time again he got away with it. Compare that to the time Sagan completely accidentally took him out of it, and Sagan was fucked out of the Tour.

He's a little bollox but the ducks really lined up for him here. These would all be Ewan's stages but for what happened him. But there is little or no competition there. He won't take the green jersey. Sagan will go in one or 2 breaks on stages Cavendish won't be able to - Thor Hushovd style - and that'll be green gone. But he can take a hatful more stages, including Paris. Jesus, to think of the damage Sam could have done in that race. Its a pity they don't employ Ras rules and allow guest riders. Then he could just have ridden for someone else.

The tour is meant to be the showpiece of cycling. The top GC lads, and the top sprinters. Half of procycling don't seem to give 2 shits about it anymore, instead would rather take in Italy and Spain. Its much harder to do 2 GTs if you do the tour.

Didn't get to see much of stage yesterday but it was crazy.
Attacking all day from the gun With no fear, any traditional tactics go out the window, injury hit big teams couldn't control the race, lots of riders banjanxed after the previous crashes.

And more of the same again from the start today on first Alpine stage.

it's slightly calmer on today's second Alpine stage with a summit finish.

we should have 5 riders per team like the Ras. racing might be like this all the time!

except Pogacar should have to ride as an independent but he'd still probably win.
a pity Pogacar wasn't around to kick Lance's arse - LOL even thinking about that.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

according to strava, by 73km the other week at 31km/h (which i was very happy with) was done at an average of 150W. i am also shelving my plans to enter the TdeF

Michael Matthews v Sonny Colbrelli at the first intermediate sprint Sunday attracted a lot of comment.
Both riders started sprinting on the left side of the road but Bling dramatically veered to the right and Colbrelli had to shove Matthews to prevent himself being put into the barriers on the right side of the road.

this is the crux of the problem - unless someone crashes or it happens at the finish nothing will be done.
reputation and social media kicking up a fuss are also big factors.
this is the most dangerous manoeuvre I've seen all year yet Matthews kept the points he won in the sprint where he was second to Colbrelli.

I hadn't paid much attention to GC so far but I can now tell you Chris Frome is just ahead of Greipel and behind Cavendish @ 1 hour 47'' mins. in 153rd place.

it's rare for a long time to see multiple riders outside the time cut at the Tour but unfortunately 7 guys didn't make the cut Sunday inc most notably Demare. also Merlier was DNF and Mathieu VDP DNS.
as far as anyway decent sprinters go that leaves only Cav, Colbrelli, Bouhanni, Sagan, Matthews and Philipsen.

I also read more of the nonsense Lefevre wrote about Bennett last week. he's always been like this but
85 /90% of folks know he's full of shit and criticizing/threatening your own rider in a column which is quite possibly libelous ain't very smart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back