Tour de France 2007 thread (2 Viewers)

Bobby Julich out of the closet, which means hes sacked cos hes with those shits, Sky.

I liked Julich. A very earnest guy. However, his confession is pathetic (specifically the apparent lies and half-truths). Hes gone way down in my estimation.

What's the Kimmage fund for?Anything special or just a few pound for him?

Pat McQuaid, Hein Verbruggen and the UCI are suing him cos he called them corrupt.

They didn't like him saying that, even though it couldn't be more true.

The fund is so he can mount a decent legal defense, and hopefully turn the tables on the pricks and expose them for the gangsters they are.

I'm not a big cycling fan, I wouldn't be watching the Tour De France stages on Eurosport, but I have a passing interest in it. I always suspected Armstrong must be doping (given that seemingly everyone else was, and he was still beating them). I wonder what his next move will be
. He can't come clean,and admit it, he'll be wide open to perjury charges and multi million dollar law suits. He was a total prick to a lot of people and now it's come back to snooker him.
UCI are majorly implicated in the goings on in that era.

I'm not a big cycling fan, I wouldn't be watching the Tour De France stages on Eurosport, but I have a passing interest in it. I always suspected Armstrong must be doping (given that seemingly everyone else was, and he was still beating them). I wonder what his next move will be
. He can't come clean,and admit it, he'll be wide open to perjury charges and multi million dollar law suits. He was a total prick to a lot of people and now it's come back to snooker him.
UCI are majorly implicated in the goings on in that era.

Lots of people will come after him for money.

His reputation is more or less fucked, apart from with some Americans.

Financially I don't know.

Yeah, there's already a sizeable queue forming to reclaim the payouts that were made to him. I read somewhere that he made $125 million from his cycling career and endorsements, I can't remember where I read that, or if it's factually true, but he seems to have plenty banked. He removed the "7 times Tour De France winner" from his Twitter bio, that might be the closest he'll come to 'fessing up.

Yeah, there's already a sizeable queue forming to reclaim the payouts that were made to him. I read somewhere that he made $125 million from his cycling career and endorsements, I can't remember where I read that, or if it's factually true, but he seems to have plenty banked. He removed the "7 times Tour De France winner" from his Twitter bio, that might be the closest he'll come to 'fessing up.

i think armstrong would probably have taken some steps to protect his finances from creditors

i think armstrong would probably have taken some steps to protect his finances from creditors

aye, all that stuff about jusrisdiction disputes, etc, may possibly have been a simply delaying tactic.

He'll be fleeced for every penny people know about. But I'm sure he'll be grand financially. I'd imagine the kids bank accounts all got fair old top ups there in the last few months.

Good piece on Grantland summing up the whole "he's a horrible cheating fuck, but he did good things outside cycling, but he's a horrible cheating fuck, but he did goo..." thing
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8554120/lance-armstrong-legend

a post on a cycling forum that i'm on went:

news article quote: Fellow Brit Steve Cummings, who rides for BMC Racing, and like Dowsett, is competing in the Tour of Beijing, pointed out Armstrong had done a great deal for charity.
posters response: so did Jimmy Saville

although armstrongs charges are less serious than saville's.

The South Park was awesome. I wonder how LA feels today. He's a bizarre human being but he's been thoroughly taken to the dry cleaners at this stage.

Kimmage and Walsh.....my heroes. This shit is making me so happy. Not just against Lance, but the whole fucking system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back