Torrents (3 Viewers)

• Thread starter RSJ
  • Start date
  • Replies 81
  • Views 7K
  • Watchers 2
Hi guyse, any of those demonoid invites still floating about? would be much appreciated.

I'm using µTorrent at the moment, anyone have an opinion on its relative good/badness to other clients?

Yeah everything I've read says utorrent is the best. Azureus is as good if not better/easier to use but really power hungry/heavy.

This is all according to the internerds btw.

I've been using bitcomet for the last year. I'm using utorrent at the moment cos it was the first one I found when I was setting up this computer and it's grand. Very resource friendly. Azureus always annoys me. Memory leaking piece of gick. Though some people swear by it.

I noticed your message after I pm 'd the invite to ILH, Moose. So, as Mr Pharmacist asked first, he's next in line. If he already has one at this stage, first persson to pm me will get it.

How many can we give out in a month?

I got sorted by wavioli, thanks.

Yeah, µTorrent seems to do the job fine, tiny footprint and goes like the clappers
for what's a relatively crappy connection speed. I'm happy.

I've been using bitcomet for the last year. I'm using utorrent at the moment cos it was the first one I found when I was setting up this computer and it's grand. Very resource friendly. Azureus always annoys me. Memory leaking piece of gick. Though some people swear by it.

I noticed your message after I pm 'd the invite to ILH, Moose. So, as Mr Pharmacist asked first, he's next in line. If he already has one at this stage, first persson to pm me will get it.

How many can we give out in a month?

I got to give out two/three then couldn't get anymore. I think I gave one to Mr P but not sure if it was working.

any tips for improving surfing speeds when using utorrent? the speeds of the torrents are perfect but it's really hard to open up webpages a lot of the time when it's running even if it's only downloading at 25 kB/s

It's the upload speed that'll really slow down your computer.
Limit it to 5KB/S when your online & then set it to whatever you want when your finished.

Different upload speeds will cause different download speeds too so spend some time messing around with it.

I've been using BitComet for two years and no complaints at all at all. How do you gauge if one client is better or worse than another?
Surely it doesn't make much difference?

I've been using BitComet for two years and no complaints at all at all. How do you gauge if one client is better or worse than another?
Surely it doesn't make much difference?

I used to think that, but recently my Azureus was drudging along, giving 45kb uploads but maxing on 5kb down.

I changed to uTorrent and straight away it was up to 100+ !!!!

Something to do with Azurues confusing my particular make of router.

Question: My client (utorrent) says that my port forward set up isn’t configured correctly, however I have no problem downloading torrents and popular ones come in a good speeds. Is it worth the bother to fiddle with port forwarding?
K thnx

mine says that too and works fine (i think). i've done the port forwarding business but i still get the message saying i havent configured things properly. maybe its the windows firewall ( i havent a clue though....)

I've been using azureus for about a year and its started working crap for the last couple of months. Dont know why. Just downloaded utorrent and its flying along, gettin speed of 250kb for stuff azureus was gettin about 5kb. .|..|

Ok, I downloaded uTorrent to try it out.
When I was installing it, it asked if I wanted to make it my default torrent client.
I said yes but I didn't remove Azureus in case uTorrent didn't work out or I had to fuck with ports n' stuff.

Afterwards, when I downloaded a torrent, it opened up Azureus.

How do I make it go into uTorrent without removing Azureus?

The brother had been using utorrent for ages and it just stopped working about a week ago - upload was at constant 0%. He downloaded some program (azerus or something) and now it's working perfectly. I'm guessing it's something to do with service providers blocking common ports and new programs configuring themselves with different ports.

I just did a quick, completely unscientific experiment with Azureus & uTorrent.

I downloaded the same torrent on both at the same time & compared D/L speeds.

Azureus won.

I'm sure uTorrent will win on other people's computers but I'll stick with Azureus for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back